When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found stingray banana style seat

-

ADReese

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Looking for a better seat for my 24" spitfire that has tall bars and a cheapo low rider banana seat. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to muscle bike stuff, but I'd love to find an older seat that looks more age correct and is better quality. I'm open to any and all suggestions. The bike is black and white so either of those colors would work.
Thanks!

20210628_115422.jpg

I think it looks good. Banana seats look different on 24 and more so on 26 inch bikes. There is no way to get the same look as a 20 inch. That being said the one problem I have with that seat is the sissy bar mount holes are to far forward. You could look for an actual Schwinn seat it would be correct for the bike just pricey. It always helps to have the right sissy bar.

Thank you for the info! Would an actual schwinn seat be any better quality or more comfy than this cheapo one? I'm open to other brands and models too. This one is about 18" long and seems like an OK size.

0-9.jpeg
SANY0180.JPG

Too funny!! I'm working on a 24" inch 1958 Hornet and a 24" inch 1964 Typhoon that will both be Stingray style.
With that straight bar your bike could easily look like a pre-Stingray muscle bike (aka, Pig Bike). On my builds I'm doing an S-2 with knobby in the rear for more of that Stingray aesthetic. Also, those bars look a little funky to me because they're 1969 and up and more common in the 70's because of safety regulations.
There are a several Stingray butterfly bars that are pre 1969 that would look more period correct for your frame.

BTW, the bikes pictured are pre Stingray muscle bikes..... PM me your address I might have a seat for you..

Last edited:
Back