When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stingray Crank arm length question

-

z-bikes

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I have 5 Schwinn cranks/sprockets dated 63, 65, 66, 68 & 70. I thought they were Stingray but need to verify what arm lengths were used on the various years.
What crank arm lengths were used on the Stingrays?
Any help appreciated.

I have 5 Schwinn cranks/sprockets dated 63, 65, 66, 68 & 70. I thought they were Stingray but need to verify what arm lengths were used on the various years.
What crank arm lengths were used on the Stingrays?
Any help appreciated.View attachment 1393220

Most stingrays came with a 5.5 inch crank arm from center of pedal hole to center of the crank axle ( not sure if that is what its called). Stingray JR. came with a 4.5inch crank. Full sized middleweights 26 inch use a 6.5 inch crank. The one in the middle with no sprocket looks the part.

Most stingrays came with a 5.5 inch crank arm from center of pedal hole to center of the crank axle ( not sure if that is what its called). Stingray JR. came with a 4.5inch crank. Full sized middleweights 26 inch use a 6.5 inch crank. The one in the middle with no sprocket looks the part.
That's kind of what I thought after looking at those 4-1/2" C to C arms. they're really short.
thnx

Yes, it is 5.5 inches on my '69 Stingray Fair Lady.

Back