When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stingray krate ifo Seria and information

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

marlon1211

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello guys
Can someone tell me what year is this serial number HJ007415. Will the serial number tell more than just when it was made? The bike I'm looking at is saids a 1973 Apple Krate w/ disc brake, Not sure if the serial is accurate to the bikes information. My main concern is if this Apple krate is in original specification.

Thanks

20180513_125544.jpg

20180513_123411.jpg

20180513_123444.jpg

20180513_123504.jpg

The serial number indicates a '73 frame . The bike seems to have the right equipment as far as the picture show, but there is a lot not shown . The paint looks to be fresh,not original.The tires are new, the light is questionable, as are the pedals. There is a double cable clip missing. Still a nice bike.
Dave

Definitely a repaint. Rear fender looks like a re-pop. Kickstand looks to be chrome (re-pop)??? Better photos would help. When did Schwinn use white cables on Apple Krates??? I would pull the crank and verify date. Looks like a nice restoration of a '73 with great equipment but originality is questionable.

The cables are supposed to be gray, not white. Wrong pedals. Those are the '68-'70 style. Rear sissy bar shock springs are worn-out. There shouldn't be a clip on the left for the disc brake cable. It has the wrong brake strap. It should be a Bendix B-2 with the 3 holes. Probably doesn't have the correct Sedis chain. Does the kickstand read "365"? Not a restoration at all. It's something other than that.

Last edited:
Back