When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

stingray real or pieced together.

-

styker

Look Ma, No Hands!
that color in a 5 speed?
original paint?
anything else look wrong?
possible year?
thanks

IMG_1019.JPG

IMG_1020.JPG

IMG_1021.JPG

IMG_1022.JPG

IMG_1023.JPG

I am looking at that chain guard, I think that chain guard started in '69 on the Stingray. In 1969 they did offer a fenderless 5 speed I believe but not in violet. Bars look '68-'69. I also see an extra rear single speed wheel. My guess, repaint, pieced together. Again, I am no expert.

Last edited:
Guard also appears to be a different shade of violet from the frame. Cable housing is newer black stuff, not correct looking grey.

Does it include the bonus wheel and slik?

A LOT of good meat on the bones here. If it's cheap and local SNAG it first, ask questions later!

thanks for your reply
he claims original paint?
from what i see 67 was the last year for violet? and they did not have a 5 speed in 67? am i correct?
so a later model repainted in violet?
or a 67 with newer parts?
i know a lot of good parts i can use and extra wheel and bat holder goes with it
any idea on value? cant get serial # yet
thank again any more input would help

I'd say anything less than $400 is stealing it. Lots of nice high $$ parts there. Even if not correct that would make a hell of a rider.

Haha, I just noticed the wacky modern, massive brake pads, too. Man, some people do not pay attention to originality...

5 speed models started in 68 on stingrays as did first yr of krates which were five speed. They did not offer violet after 67 and that chaingaurd like stoney said started in 69. Also like buses and bikes said the gaurd appears to be different shade of violet. Black cables and pads are also incorrect as stated by buses and bikes. Also the bow pedals are incorrect for this yr/model.

no could not make a deal. he was hell bent it was all original.which we know it wasn,t.I could have used most of the parts for some of my builds.
thanks again for your help

We’re you able to get actual serial number from seller? Not me. Gotta say cool looking stingray, but too many questions....ugh.

Back