When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stingray... Stingray. Do do do do do do...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

danny7147

Finally riding a big boys bike
Right, now I'm in England. I live and breathe English bikes. On ebay, and very local is this...

$(KGrHqJ,!ooE9j9(m(SCBPbjn16)tw~~60_12.JPG

It's a Stingray. It's £9... about $15... and, any idea of year? Collectability? Value?

They made two of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and there's also this one, again local, for £30... about $45...

$(KGrHqJHJBoE9qYBI7f!BPeEWwL9qg~~60_12.JPG

I remember when those came out. It was about 2004 and as luck would have, I was ready for my second bike as the 'ole Murray was put out to pasture. I looked at them, thought about it, but man were those a PAIN to ride! Big, bulky, heavy bicycles and they are only suitable for smooth and slow street cruising. I wanted to go fast! So we setteled for a Micargi Hero on the internet.

Personally, I'd run away from the first one. Its rusty and its be stripped of it's parts. The scrapyard I go to usually has a couple stripped out and rusty Sting-Ray choppers. I would go for the second bike but talk him down. I know these bikes were hot sellers, but the majority of them were babied and in many cases, left in the box. 40 years from now, there will be plenty of these around in NOS condition.

So no Thunderbird...

To be honest I never ride bikes... I just restore them and take them to shows :rolleyes: I'm always on the lookout for something a bit different to take to events and if it was unusual I'd look at them, but if they're that new there's really no point :p

I mainly collect Norman bikes and a little while back I was looking at the possibility of reimporting one of their export ones but I never found one to import! A Schwinn would be great, but a classic, not one that's readily available... but the sort of thing I'm really looking for would be something that's undeniably American... like a bicycle used by the postal service or police. I've no idea if they even use bikes, they do here... but those two came up for sale and that's why I thought I'd see if they were old or new :confused: Have you got any suggestions on something unusual I could try finding?

The first one is scrap metal to me. The second one I would pay about $20 for it. There are only a few of these that are actually kind of collectible. A friend of mine was selling a bunch of these that were never ridden and he could barey spueeze $50 out of them a piece! Who know's in forty years they maybe worth a pretty penny? Good luck!:)

The first one is scrap metal to me. The second one I would pay about $20 for it. There are only a few of these that are actually kind of collectible. A friend of mine was selling a bunch of these that were never ridden and he could barey spueeze $50 out of them a piece! Who know's in forty years they maybe worth a pretty penny? Good luck!:)

I disagree. 40 years from now, NONE of the new Sting-Rays will have ANY value to collectors. Unless of course $50 in 2052 dollars mean anything to you. LOL! The old ones will hold their value though it may be a little lower than it is now (another topic for another thread).

The problem is, as you and I have said, these things were either barely ridden or moth balled by people hoping to make a fortune in the future. That did not happen in 1966 did it? Nope. The bikes were ridden and ridden hard. Just like all the other muscle bikes. These weren't and so unlike the many originals that got crushed back in the 70s-90s and to some extent today even, these will be preserved by the truck load and there will be more suply then there is demand.

Back