When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stingray wheel sizes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ToonMan

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have to admit I have no idea what the S and number means for Schwinn stingray wheels. I ordered some 20 in tires for my junior stingray and they will not fit. I'm in the process of getting two slicks and two front tires for two different fastbacks I'm building. I want to make sure and order the right tires that will fit the wheels I have..

I have a set of fastback wheels for the one but I've been told the other wheels I have are five speed stingray.

On one of the fastback Wheels I can make out S5, but the other wheel where the number should be is where the spoke is.

Thank you all for all the help you have been giving me I very much appreciate it!!

20230207_153653_HDR.jpg

20230205_181731_HDR.jpg

I have to admit I have no idea what the S and number means for Schwinn stingray wheels. I ordered some 20 in tires for my junior stingray and they will not fit. I'm in the process of getting two slicks and two front tires for two different fastbacks I'm building. I want to make sure and order the right tires that will fit the wheels I have..

I have a set of fastback wheels for the one but I've been told the other wheels I have are five speed stingray.

On one of the fastback Wheels I can make out S5, but the other wheel where the number should be is where the spoke is.

Thank you all for all the help you have been giving me I very much appreciate it!!

View attachment 1783245

View attachment 1783246
It looks to me like the wheels on this orange fast back are 20x2.125 rear and 20 x1 3/4 front is tha correct? Those are the correct tires for a Stingray not fastback. I believe 1 3/8 is fastback. The Junior Stingray will have front and back S-7 which is 20 x1 3/4 not 1.75 different tires.

View attachment 1783245

View attachment 1783246
No 1 3/4 is not the same as 1.75 when it comes to bicycle tires. S stands for Schwinn wheels and a few of then take specific tires made only for that rim. The S-2 is the same as most all rims so a regular 20/24/26 tire will work no special tire for that one.

Thanks for your help!!!

If Fastback is 1 3/8 is that the front? If so what would the slick on the rear be?
It looks to me like the wheels on this orange fast back are 20x2.125 rear and 20 x1 3/4 front is tha correct? Those are the correct tires for a Stingray not fastback. I believe 1 3/8 is fastback. The Junior Stingray will have front and back S-7 which is 20 x1 3/4 not 1.75 different tires.

Corn_fuising ha , anyway I sent you a message about your question on the same subject..

Rafael ~

Back