When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stoddard ladies bicycle barn find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
N

nitrodaze

Looking for info on the Stoddard MFG CO ,A-1,Dayton O,I found this wood wheel bike in a barn loft.Info?Value? Thanks Bill

Attachments

• Picture 380.jpg
    Picture 380.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 316
  • Picture 389.jpg
    Picture 389.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 222
  • Picture 378.jpg
    Picture 378.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 230
  • Picture 379.jpg
    Picture 379.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 215
The bicycle is a Cygnet made by the Stoddard Manufacturing company that later produced Stoddard Dayton Automobiles. Your bicycle was made in the late 1890's and is quite valuable.

What's the value to sell to a collector to restore?or should I have it restored?I fell into this blindly and am just looking for direction.Thanks

The value of the bike is highest just as it sits. It is very rare and even cleaning it incautiously can lower its value.

Thanks for your info RMS37,I just looked up the Stoodard Cygnet on line,the Pryor Dodge Collection has one.Its from 1898.I may have finaly found something worth more than the gas it cost to get it.Who can I get to apraise it?or is there a bicycle aution you would recommend?Thanks Again

copake auction

hi, send it to copake bicycle auction, it happens in april ,, it will be hard to appraise that machine ,there are only 4 known ,in the world.. i bet it will go for 2500 to 5000 on a good day.. google search copake country auction ,collectors from all over the world will see it, and have a chance to own a very rare bicycle ..thanks walter branche

1898 Stoddard Cygnet will be on Ebay starting November 6th

Thanks for all the offers and input,We have decided to put the 1898 Stoddard Cygnet up on Ebay starting November 6th for 10 days, It appears to be the only way to find the true value of this rare bike.1 0f 5 known,this may be the only original to have survived. Thanks Again Bill

We were able to finaly get the 1898 Stoddard Cygnet on Ebay!!!It is running with no reserve .Thanks Again

We were able to finaly get the 1898 Stoddard Cygnet on Ebay!!!It is running with no reserve .Thanks Again

You might want to revise your listing...Showing that the purchase is covered by PayPal, and then saying no PayPal in the listing, is confusing and will turn off potential bidders. I'm also wondering why you won't accept PayPal...I understand it's a local pickup only item, but let's say the person who buys it can't get there for awhile, but they want to make sure they pay within the terms of the auction..You aren't allowing them to do that. Another potential turn off to bidders.

Im new at Ebay ,I couldnt figure out how to take the Paypal off? The reason for no Paypal is a friend of mine warned me about how he was was scammed out of a $3500 item by a Paypal chargeback,He sent his item ,The buyer did a chargeback thru his credit card,Paypal contacted him for the $3500 back or they would ruin his credit,He got back another item other than his! Total loss for him that he couldn't afford.I check the seller boards on Ebay and they confirmed the scam does happen.So I will deliver this bike in person in the lower 48 states or you can pick it up,or i will meet you half way,payment of cash due upon delivery.No scams for you or me. It don't get no more solid that .Plus the Paypal fees plus the Ebay fees are crazy.I usally sell on craiglist,But I thought the Ebay exsposer would be good for this bike and it has.Regards Bill 219-462-0420

Back