When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stoddard ladies bicycle barn find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I also wanted to mention why no shipping ,I would hate to have it damaged in anyway,This bike has been ia loft for at least 80 years,and its fragile original state should be look after,It would be ashame to throw it on a UPS truck and when it got to it destination it was crushed,or even if the original hand gripes were damaged.This is 1 of 5 known. You can't go get another one. Thats why I would personaly deliver it,to make sure its in safe hands at all times.Regards Bill 219-462-0420

Im new at Ebay ,I couldnt figure out how to take the Paypal off? The reason for no Paypal is a friend of mine warned me about how he was was scammed out of a $3500 item by a Paypal chargeback,He sent his item ,The buyer did a chargeback thru his credit card,Paypal contacted him for the $3500 back or they would ruin his credit,He got back another item other than his! Total loss for him that he couldn't afford.I check the seller boards on Ebay and they confirmed the scam does happen.So I will deliver this bike in person in the lower 48 states or you can pick it up,or i will meet you half way,payment of cash due upon delivery.No scams for you or me. It don't get no more solid that .Plus the Paypal fees plus the Ebay fees are crazy.I usally sell on craiglist,But I thought the Ebay exsposer would be good for this bike and it has.Regards Bill 219-462-0420

I'm not interested in your bike personally, I just wanted to point out the error to help you sell the thing. Also, regarding the PayPal scams, sure, they happen, but then again if I go outside today I might get run over by a bus...It doesn't keep me inside. From my experience having PayPal as an option in a listing has far more benefits than it does drawbacks.

I think Ebays own boards tells the truth,Paypal & Sellers boards describe the nightmares some Ebayers are dealing with.So when I go outside I look both ways before I step in front of a bus,And when I started this auction on Ebay I looked both ways also ,So I the seller nor the buyer gets themselves into a scam. As i said before I will deliver in person,and the buyer will pay cash in person.The sale can't get any more solid than that. And it appears there is noway to take Paypal off the auction?Ebays way of making you pay Paypal & Ebay fees which look to be about 14 % total,Thats just crazy!Regards Bill 219-462-0420

I think Ebays own boards tells the truth,Paypal & Sellers boards describe the nightmares some Ebayers are dealing with.So when I go outside I look both ways before I step in front of a bus,And when I started this auction on Ebay I looked both ways also ,So I the seller nor the buyer gets themselves into a scam. As i said before I will deliver in person,and the buyer will pay cash in person.The sale can't get any more solid than that. And it appears there is noway to take Paypal off the auction?Ebays way of making you pay Paypal & Ebay fees which look to be about 14 % total,Thats just crazy!Plus the possibility of getting scammed out of your item at a total loss ?It would be more fun to get hit by a bus.Regards Bill 219-462-0420

14% for national exposure and top dollar for your item and your complaining! It is because of sellers like you that are screwing ebay that the rest of us have to pay

what does that mean? :confused:Im screwing Ebay?Becuase Im not opening myself up to fraud? Ebay is screwing itself.........and you!

You cannot sell on ebay without using paypal these days unfortunately.

However, you can specify that the item is for pickup only, which would make it basically impossibly for somebody to scam you through paypal in the way you described - besides if they show up in person they may as well pay you in person.

Even with pickup only you can get scammed if they pay with Paypal.They come pickup item ,when they get home contact their credit card skip right over Paypal and they get their $$$ back and the seller is SOL.They don"t even have to send anything back or you may have to go get whatever they want to give you.And Paypal stands in the middle trying to collect 6%?It appears if your selling low cost items Paypal is OK ,But if you can"t afford to lose it,Don't except Paypal.It just looks smart to me,and Im new to Ebay,But ive been wrong before.

As long as your item is for pick -up, you dont have to accept paypal. Just put the type of payment you accept in your item description. So looks like your fine.

fees

Just to clarify, Paypal fees are 3% tops, ebay fees are more like 4% depending on selling price. I laugh how people say they are going to put things on eBay because "I'll get more Money for it", But yet all they do is Bitch about probably the cheapest cost to advertise and sell an item to the most people, RE: (WORLDWIDE). Try your local paper and see what that cost for a 7 day listing, If you don't want to pay the fees, put it on Craiglist and get what you can for it locally.

Back