When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STOLEN - 1940 Shelby RARE tank bicycle from Riverside CA Nov 9th 2021

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Frank for the post and supporting the victims, it is nice of you to spread the word. You can't get much lower than a thief, unless it is a vintage bike thief. After experiencing the loss of a bike years ago, my own personal method over the years (when stopped during a ride) is to never even bring a lock, forcing me to keep a close eye. A lock can be cut in seconds, or that motorbike tank can be lifted from a locked bike with a few twists of a screwdriver. It has never failed me. A lock in my opinion gives a false sense of security, because thieves practice for hours on how to pick every type of lock until it is second nature.

In my 20's when I thought I was invincible, an 18" piece of pipe was bunjie-tied to the rear rack should anyone try and take my bike while I was on it. The key to the locking fork would be pulled and put in my pocket and the thief would have to earn the rest, at least that was my plan. Never had to use the pipe in the few years I carried it, which was a labor of love for the disdain I have always had for bike thieves. Never lost a parked bike either, but I did have to get up from my lunch more than once and ask a few who were clearly casing the situation if they needed any "assistance".

Bikes I currently own are all going to have an Apple Airtag epoxied inside the bottom bracket. I have done a little research and it seems feasible, and so do dozens of others! Do a google video search on the subject and I think you might be convinced. I believe there is enough clearance. The battery only lasts 1-2 years, but it is something. If you haven't seen how they work you should take a look. At least I will know where the bike is as it is getting taken apart that same day, and I can rest assured that I will get some or all of it back with or without the help of law enforcement. Right makes might!

Last edited:
I tell you what.!!

When you,you,you...or Anyone go.

For ride in any bike, doesn't MATTER.!

Don't let the bike alone Simple...
😎 😜 😎 😙😙😙

Somebody is Watching you. & I don't.

like that Somebody... 😡 😡 😡

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back