When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STOLEN BICYCLE ALERT -- Long Beach CA -- 2/5/17 -- JC Higgins Colorflow Ladies

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

cyclonecoaster.com

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
This is a first at our CYCLONE COASTER Sunday ride in the 10+ years we've been doing this ride - I can't stress enough to everyone - BRING A LOCK - something small - I call them a "Keep people honest lock" - just something to keep a bicycle from walking away by locking it to another riders bicycle - It's just devastating to come back to a empty spot where your well cared for prized bicycle was

Well unfortunately a person needed this bicycle more than it's owner yesterday after our CYCLONE COASTER Sunday ride - where the theme was "ride a ladies bicycle or wear a skirt" - The bicycle was in a line up of around 20 bicycles - some locked - some not - but since we were right next to the bicycles it seemed a impossible thought of someone walking away with one as we all ate lunch - I guess some of the group saw a odd "diversion" is what we are referring to it as now - when a light skinned black man in his early 20's laid his white with green headtube & green fender tipped modern beach cruiser bicycle down on the ground next to his target - the Colorflow - then he walked away & the people that saw him do this watched what his odd behavior was up to - well a second guy then grabbed the bicycle and went the other way - After the theft was clear - the first guy went back for his bicycle and left - about 10 minutes later the theft was realized when someone noticed the bike was not in the line up anymore - WTF - A**HOLE thieves are lurking & are opportunist who a getting more bold in their ways

- Thieves don't think of anything but getting cash for all their wrong doings - flip quick - I doubt they even know values of what they grab - to them it's quick cash - PLEASE KEEP YOU EYES & EARS OPEN FOR THIS VERY UNIQUE ORIGINAL JC HIGGINS BICYCLE - This is one of the best in the hobby - Lets us all work together to find Martyn's bicycle - PLEASE CHECK YOUR LOCAL PAWN SHOPS _ THRIFT STORES _ BICYCLE SHOPS _ SWAPMEETS _ CAR SHOWS _ LOCAL NETWORKS _ BICYCLE FORUMS _ FACEBOOK _ CRAIGSLIST - This bicycle will turn up - not many around - If you see it just put another bicycle lock on it - call the police - the person with the bicycle is not necessarily the bike thief - they might be a good person who purchased it not knowing it was stolen - get the police involve & sort it out with them - grab the images of this bike for your smart phone or device so you can compare the nicks & scratches on the original paint & decals which will be proof it's the same bicycle -

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP ON GETTING THE WORD OUT TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW - Ride Vintage - Frank

Higgins Colorflo - Martyn - WEB.jpg

Thanks for posting this Frank, and thanks again for everything yesterday and your continued efforts in getting the word out, very much appreciated.

To be honest, I think you and the rest of our group were more upset than I was about the theft.. The moment I saw the empty space, I considered the bike gone forever, it really didn't bother me. I was more concerned about everyone's lunch getting cold! It seemed very odd that anyone would want to rip off a girls bike. As for locking them up, that's excellent advice.. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't - This time I got complacent.

Cold lunches aside, the one thing that did upset me was the fact that the lovely Liz and Luisa missed their chance to take the bike for a spin... Sorry ladies :(

While it is a real bummer that this happened, in no way does it dampen my enthusiasm for vintage bicycles, collecting and riding with great friends! At the end of the day, it's just a bike. I have plenty of bikes and there will be more in the future.

I really must thank all of you CABErs and Cyclone Coaster friends for all the thread comments, messages, calls and texts. This thing was all over social media within minutes and continues to be. The outpouring of support is quite overwhelming and extremely humbling. Thank you all so much!!!

Special thanks to Frank and Bernard for everything. Bernard has local PD and Sherrif connections and is hot on trail as we speak! If it shows up in Long Beach, Bernard and the LB crew will be the first to know.

Thanks again to everyone for keeping your eyes open, I really means a lot and I appreciate everyone's efforts.

The Cyclone Coaster ride was great as usual and it was really cool to see all the ladies bikes on display!

Look for me on the next ride and all future CC rides.. Maybe with a lock next time :rolleyes:
The Cyclone Coaster guys and gals are all wonderful and I could not be more privileged and honored to call a finer group of people my friends!!! :):cool:

Thank you everyone!!!

Martyn

Thanks Frank for letting us know how easily this can happen to any one of us. This sad story will be a topic of discussion at our next Lucky Lab ride, and hopefully encourage some of us to bring along locks along with our bikes in the future. I for one, always felt they detract from our bikes when on display, but in view of the possible alternative, I'll deal with it. Again, so sorry Martyn. Glad you are able to see beyond the theft.

Last edited:
Thanks Frank for letting us know how easily this can happen to any one of us. This sad story we'll be a topic of discussion at our next Lucky Lab ride, and hopefully encourage some of us to bring along locks along with our bikes in the future. I for one, always felt they detract from our bikes when on display, but in view of the possible alternative, I'll deal with it. Again, so sorry Martyn. Glad you are able to see beyond the theft.
Make sure you tell people where to put the chain and lock.I have see bikes with chain around the seat post,through the front wheel,etc.in Chicago and yes they got stolen.Thieves took the front wheel off a bike chained through the frame to a light pole and put in on the bike that had a chain through the front wheel on the same light pole.Made one complete bike and they were gone.

Cant trust no one these days...I was on this ride, my first time.I didnt have a lock but i did have a watcher while i went inside Belmont Brewery because well, it is still Long Beach.Shady people all around.Lock time!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I probably get naive living and riding in a small farm town. Most of the cops, and many people in town, know I build these bikes and I get used to parking them on main street, sometimes locked sometimes not. I usually do lock them up though but if I forget my lock I don't freak out and let it interfere with my fun.

Martyn aka Fltwd57 - We have each others backs & I am here for my friends far & near always - Friends are family & you are family

Martyn was seriously concerned about our food getting cold - I was like F*** THE FOOD - LETS FIND THE BIKE & THIEF !! - I lost my appetite when I heard anyways so Martyn - Fordmike & myself for starters were on the hunt - We finally just went back to eat what we ordered & regroup as we were getting a hold of the local security patrol for the area & the Long Beach Police & I posted the theft right away on my FACEBOOK account while cycling day posted it here on the Cabe & I did too once I had more information - A definite reminder & wake up call for everyone - You hate to hear of any theft - this one was too close to home -

We are all a family of bicycle enthusiast here - It is times like this we can pull together & keep public awareness & find this bicycle again - We must look out for each other - no one wants to come home "empty handed"

Yes a lock helps but it doesn't stop this from happening even when locked - but this was more than a bicycle sitting alone - This bicycle was taken from a group of bicycles that were lined up fairly tight together - with some locked some were not - Why that bicycle - seeing the uniqueness I think it was the worse choice - but the easiest to spot when it does turn up

Thanks again for everyone for spreading the word across the country thanks to this site & social media -

Share & beware - Ride Vintage Frank

I probably get naive living and riding in a small farm town. Most of the cops, and many people in town, know I build these bikes and I get used to parking them on main street, sometimes locked sometimes not. I usually do lock them up though but if I forget my lock I don't freak out and let it interfere with my fun.
Let me know when you ride that Radio bike to town without a lock.

Back