When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen bike

-

jacob9795

I live for the CABE
My wife asked me to share this. I don’t know what kind of bike it is.

4D3B1964-0B02-43AE-A1EB-E21F07E19FF4.jpeg

Certain types of thievery should incur a much higher penalty (in no particular order except for number 5:(
1. Tools. People often rely on these for their livelihood. Not only are they expensive, sometimes extremely difficult to replace, sometimes passed down through generations so that they have sentimental value (see 2.), but it could mean a lost job that leads to a ruined life all so some junkie POS can get fractions of a penny on the ten-dollar at some scummy pawn shop or wherever these degenerates go.
2. Valued family heirlooms/objects of sentimental value. Irreplaceable and often also not even valuable on the black market.
3. Money from old, mentally challenged, or otherwise incapacitated people and anyone who is especially vulnerable or helpless.
4. Creative projects. Difficult to resell due to their unique nature, these are usually broken apart for scrap value or parts nowhere near the actual value and certainly not the sentimental value, especially if the creator has passed.
5. Cheap stuff requiring greater property damage far in excess of the targeted goods. What feels like 4 lives ago, my ex had a Monte Carlo SS that someone destroyed the door skin and center console to rip out a stereo that cost $80 new (cheap even then). The repairs were well in excess of the stupid stereo and her with anxiety issues with all the poop she'd been through and me with PTSD . . . if I found the guy, I'd still be serving time for what I would've done. Beyond that, those cars had giant windows with no door frames and plunger locks—you could literally pull the window away from the body by hand and reach in with a wire to pull the lock up without causing any damage (came in handy if the key got locked inside). A friend in NYC had a similar thing happen with his wife's Neon—got windows smashed twice (a NEON!) to steal an empty can or something the first time and the second time to get a tape deck to CD converter that they smashed on the sidewalk not far away. This isn't nearly as bad as the other four, but the odds of these kinds of losers ever changing their ways and being decent are very slim and the chances they are terrible people in other, more destructive ways is very high—it's a litmus test of character.

None of these kinds of thefts are going to retire the thief in luxury or support a starving family, they are done by opportunistic parasites, often loser junkies who are one bad hit away from killing themselves. People who do these things are irredeemable and, with 7.5 billion people, there's no need to give them a shot at redemption. I volunteer to shoot them, but then I'd be too busy to do anything else and we're sort of a society of rules and I guess that wouldn't fit a contrived veneer of civility, so I guess a long prison sentence is something I could reluctantly compromise to.

I hope they find the bike.

It was stolen in Visalia, CA.

There are so many bike thefts here, I had it happen to me once, I had a decent lock on the thing and they still cut it loose. The homeless problem here is out of control, the meth problem is staggering. I don’t even ride my bike downtown anymore, I’ve watched scumbags setup lookouts while ‘the crew’ walks by the bike; the security guards won’t allow you to park your bike where you can see it, it has to be locked up down the street.
The joke is, mostly homeless people are the ones riding bikes in this town, no one else, many of them on spray painted bikes, kids bikes, bikes with no tires, etc. I rarely see a normal looking dude or a cute family riding bikes, NEVER any cute women like you see in the big cities.
If the economy is so good, why are there so many homeless people still?

I read this headline somewhere recently...

Haha, it probably wasn’t homeless druggy and I’m jumping to conclusions, relying on old stereotyping passed down from generations.

My friend was a cop here, he told me once that all he could do was write someone a ticket for stealing packages off the porch, if it was under a certain dollar amount. He got so tired of all the new laws, packed his bags plus the family and moved to Texas.

PTSD is no joke. Thanks for sharing

Stuff like this really pisses me off , I wish you the best in recovering the bicycle. If for some reason you don’t find the bike , I have a stingray I can give to the little guy . I know that bike is irreparable good luck and keep us posted

I had a green Playbike stolen from me twice! It was repainted by me highway stripe yellow. It was stolen in about 1976 in South Minneapolis Minnesota.

Back