When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen Schwinn Excelsior rider.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SKPC

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I am sad to inform by bicycle bretheren of my old freind's Schwinn being stolen. Bike lock cut a month ago at 44th street in Newport Beach. The reason for the delay in this post is my buddy was afraid to inform me as I built it custom for him for work he did for me. It was a sweet rider and am very sad to inform Cabers of it. Please keep your eyes peeled my so-cal friends. Sturmey S3C coaster, sunshine front track hub, hope seat quick release and Bontrager saddle. Japanese Chair pedals, white schwinn grips, 50's chrome fork...so sad.
Edit: You just cannot leave these bikes locked up and not watched. I did tell him to never ever ever lock it up at the beach and let it out of sight.....because this is what happens...

Last edited:
Total bummer!
That should be an easy one to spot, if the thief is dumb enough to ride it where he stole it.
If he rides it like he stole it, then we’re going to have to have Tripple3 chase him down.
That looks like a fast bike, and Trip3 has got the legs that can do it.

Ditto to all the above. I get so nervous at cruise-in’s. I never let my babies out of sight or unsupervised. My wife knows this. I usually park go to smaller places, but for the bigger shows I park either at the entrance near the cops or the judge’s booth. One big show (Covid killed it) we have a group that sets up dozens of old bikes. We all watch each other as we go out to look.

If their stupid it’s probably primer black with all the same parts. If their crackhead crafty it’s blown apart and long gone. Sucks their so many a holes out there looking to take what’s not theirs.

FYI. I had an army bag taken off my bike couple months ago now. The strap was wrapped around the handlebars like twenty times, but someone got it when there was fifteen of us in a pub. Had my hat and gloves. Pretty sure someone thought it had lot better stuff in it. Like my wife said good thing your bike was locked or they just would have taken the whole bike. Good point. My point is, this made me think of some of the other accessories that live on these old bikes. Klaxon's, bells, original grips, that 1939 LA license plate ya have on the back. As the hobby becomes more visible, people find out how valuable old bikes are. Don't be paranoid and not ride. Just like having a little kid, keep an eye out at all times and don't take chances.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the comments...it helps a little bit. Hopefully this "thief" or "criminal" or "heartbreaker" or "deviant" or "whale poop" or drug addict loser for life or even lower than this (IMO) can look forward to what's coming back to him as hammerhead states. It is comforting to fundamentally understand this.
Maybe this thief will be hit by a car and maimed or his face ruined with no money to fix it. Not my fault. Unfortunately this nice rider does not have the temerity to self destruct like the Lone Rangers' horse Silver and most likely gone.... Darn! It really hurts though when something so personal and functional is so coveted by someone else that nothing else matters but to think of themselves and screw who really owns it. Mine! MIne! Good parenting..... Sad man. Yes Marty it was fast, but even so T-3 could still catch them. I am not hopeful and if it shows up, then so be it...life continues on.

Back