When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stonework Saturday

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Plenty of stonework around here...Rubble/stone & mortar retaining wall-1800's with busted off timber inserts. Still standing @ the perfect 3-degree angle setback.

Dry-stacked 1850's mining era remnant. Like bicycles, they don't make em like they used to...

Modern dry rubble wall with good tiltback.

Restored mining era wall using original stones.

Recently built retaining wall.

Early 1900's.

Machine built.

Fake and real together
IMG_1681.JPG

1850's ore bucket tower foundation corners.
IMG_1694.JPG

Last edited:
A belated Happy Stone work Saturday to everyone. I would first like to thank Hammerhead for starting this great thread. I see a lot of interesting stonework & bikes. The older I get the less critical, of stonework at least, I get. If people observe a few basic rules & try their best, there should be a pleasing outcome. The border between cultured stone & real stone is becoming more blurred. Especially in areas w/out any local stone, what are they supposed to get. This is the north side of our house, 1" stone veneer, used all the scraps, thin cut bricks & colored mortar for the "Tuscany" look. 1949 Rollfast that my wife now wants.

00B3B81C-2842-424A-9829-C7ECC23883B3_1_201_a.jpeg

Good Stonework Saturday to everyone. Hope all are well and have been able to get out and ride. Thank you for sharing your AMAZING Stonework pictures in this thread. Enjoy the weekend, stay safe and have fun.
Hammerhead

"Orange summit rock cut" Orange NH

Ledge shore of Tewksbury pond in Grafton NH

Feliz Sábado canteria!
Glad Stenerbete Lördag!
Schönen Mauerwerk Samstag!
Fine Metselwerk Zaterdag!
Bon Samddi di Pierre!
Doesn't matter how you say it...
Happy Stonework Saturday!

20210502_063157.jpg

*Disclaimer- with the exception of English and partial Swedish message. the translations above were taken from an app on my phone. So if isn't correct or it is offensive, sorry.

Back