When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stonework Saturday

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Good Stonework Saturday all. Hope everyone had a good week. Thank you for sharing your pictures in this thread. You have all shared some awesome ones. Have a great weekend. Stay healthy,have fun and enjoy the ride.
Hammerhead
20200614_172421.jpg

Granite ledges along The Northern Rail Trail in Franklin NH
Resized_20200706_130211.jpeg

Granite riverbed carved by the Baker river in Wentworth NH
20200707_120837.jpg

Resized_20200707_120709.jpeg

Opened in 1847 The Cheshire Railroad Stone Arch Bridge in Keene NH. There were people climbing and repelling on the other side.

Happy Stonework Saturday!
IMG_2715.jpg

Sunset Beach residence on the sand.
Since it's Saturday, let's discuss whether these man-made, stone-looking, walls and such are actually "Stonework"??
Mason work is another craftsman's trade that is going away it seems.
Give us your opinion @mike j
What trade do you do??

View attachment 1227217
Sunset Beach residence on the sand.
Since it's Saturday, let's discuss whether these man-made, stone-looking, walls and such are actually "Stonework"??
Mason work is another craftsman's trade that is going away it seems.
Give us your opinion @mike j
What trade do you do??
Hey tripple3, I'm more or less a traditional stone mason. These two photo's of yours & Blue streak's contrast the difference really well. In my humble opinion, the beauty of stone is in it's timeless strength & naturalness. When stone is quarried, squared up and made dimensional, it takes a lot of that out. It is the masons job to put some of that back in. Pillowing of the stone accomplishes that by bringing back some natural imperfection, adds shadows, dimension & interest. Compare these two photos of somewhat similar stone with a world of difference in how they look. In all fairness, the top photo is cast & colored cement, cultured stone, as opposed to the real stuff.

Good Stonework Saturday everyone. Hope all are well and had a great week. Thank you for sharing your Stonework pictures in this thread. I really enjoy seeing all the various kinds of Stonework and features from around the globe. Have an awesome weekend stay healthy,have fun and enjoy the ride.
Hammerhead

Granite bridge abutment along the Rockingham Rail Trail in Auburn NH

Granite retaining wall on Island Park in Tilton NH

Ledges along the Northern Rail Trail in Danbury NH

In all fairness, the top photo is cast & colored cement, cultured stone, as opposed to the real stuff.
My dad built this small planter wall, in front of our house 1969.
Then in the '90's he put up this "Cultured Stone" made from cement.
Mom still lives here, where I folded newspapers to throw in the '70's
IMG_3020.jpg
IMG_3016.jpg

Back