When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stonework Saturday

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Good morning and Happy Stonework Saturday to all. I hope all are well and are able to get out for a ride. Thank you for sharing your AWESOME Stonework pictures here and participating in this thread. Still a lot of snow and ice here, so here are a couple of pictures from this fall. Stay safe and have fun
Hammerhead

Remnants of one of the many old mill dams along the Winnipesaukee River.

A boulder retaining wall at the site of an old farm house in Northfield NH

Last edited:
Happy Saturday!
Just another house in Newport Beach; nobody i know.:D
Nice arrangement by the masons; probably "Fake" stone.;)
View attachment 1368191

The Bike?
1934 Huffman, AIRFLYTE
Amazing means of transportation; HPV.:hearteyes:
Hey tripple3, that stone may be real, I can't tell for sure. Most of the "fake" stuff is cast in molds, I try to find a noticeably funky one, then look for other similars. Don't see that here. I like that they colored the mortar to match the stone, great look, IMHO.

This picture was taken about 2 years ago of the the Moll Dyer Rock in Leonardtown, MD. I did not know the history behind it.

The rock was moved from its location at the old jail to o Tudor Hall in Leonardtown

It is a memorial to a woman who met her demise who was suspected of being a witch.
In short, the people felt the crappy weather and bad crop year was the fault of Ms Dyer. Some of the people of Leonardtown conspired and went to the residence of Ms Dyer and set it on fire. Ms Dyer escaped. But died in the winter conditions and froze to the above supposed rock.

Okay here is the weird thing. Look at the picture above. Notice anything on the brickway on the left side of the above picture?

Yes..it appears to be the reflector from my bicycles rear fender

20210306_085508.jpg

Hmmm.

Last edited:
Good Stonework Saturday. I hope that all are well and had a great week. Thank you for sharing your AWESOME Stonework pictures here and participating in this thread. Hopefully the snow and mud pass soon. So I can get some fresher pictures. Of somewhere other than just around the neighborhood. One newer and a few older pictures. Stay safe and have fun.
Hammerhead

A 1930's stonewall in Franklin NH

A foundation wall at the railroad yard in Northfield NH

A retaining wall and some boulders along the Winnipesaukee River in Franklin NH

Back