When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stonework Saturday

-
Happy Saturday!
Hey tripple3, that stone may be real, I can't tell for sure. Most of the "fake" stuff is cast in molds, I try to find a noticeably funky one, then look for other similars. Don't see that here. I like that they colored the mortar to match the stone, great look, IMHO.
Mike, thanks for enlightening us here.
Great look for sure; like hearing your H.O.:)
That house is on the sand, but they want GRASS.:eek:
I went to take a pic of the front, that practically No-Body ever sees;
about a block from the end of Balboa Peninsula.
i did meet the gardeners; he said, "Cool Bike!"

This other house, similar Stonework faces the street, same alley garages.:cool:

My driveway and original 1860's Silver Ore mill building's foundation footing intact...

Can you spot it below? The original ore milling building was already torn down by the time the "new" 1890's home was built in its' place. My 1882 National Historic Registry "Landmark" home is also in the picture. Large building was a dance hall...

Last edited:
I've lived within two blocks of "Wilson Triangle" my whole life and never stopped to look at this monument. Local quarried granite... igneous. Monument to Woodrow Wilson whose second term ended 100 years ago this month. Monument/park was constructed 15 years prior to my my house 100 yrds away

IMG_2024.jpg

View recent photos 2.png

Back