When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Storage

-

TimothyNelson

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi, so I'm up to around 12 bikes. I rented a 10x9 storage unit a few weeks ago but have since gotten more bikes. I have seven bikes in the unit now with room for one more, as is - My question is I am using all of the kickstands which take up more space. If I were able to get bike stands etc would that open up space for additional bikes? I would think that it would but does anyone out there have any experience with say a 10x9 storage space and how many bikes have you or do you think one could get in there?

Thanks!

Taking off the pedals can save room. Turning the handlebars sideways, facing front to back helps as well. The owner of the Cabe sells some triangular folding bike stands that will allow you to store the bikes totally upright. Then you can really pack them in. :)

Make a wood slated base that supports the bike at the rear wheel, remove the pedals and turn the bars 90 degrees and maybe down or up position. That would give you the optimal storage in a condensed situation. But time spent doing all the adjusting and installing the pedals when you want to use one.

A base something all the lines as this truck bed piece or like a typical bike rack used at schools but having the tire slots closer together.

Back