When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Story Time! Your best score

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Hammer

Finally riding a big boys bike
Alright this may have been covered before but I love to hear your stories and pictures if you have them of your best score, maybe you found your Columbia on the trash pile, or your neighbors still had their sons Stingray fron his childhood or you bought your Elgin straight from the chicken coop, I really love to hear these stories and see pictures of the bikes you guys find still covered in years of dirt and grime and see what they look like afterwards.

I will start, when I was about 14 I helped my neighbor in the farm for several summers and one fall we were booking tobacco he asked if j would help him clean the stripping room out of all the junk that was in it so we could use it to strip tobacco and not do it inside the barn, the stripping room hadn't been used for 30 plus years so it had quite a few things in it, he said anything I wanted to take with me so after 4 hours or packing tobacco sticks,oil buckets, log chains and old tractor parts I see the top of a banana seat and a sissy bar, behind a pallet, I go over clear the wood away and unknown to me at the time I found a 1968 Schwinn Orange Krate covered in black house paint, the old man told me to take it with me he did t have abuse for it, so I pushed it about a mile back home to my parents house fascinated by the springer fork and that killer 5 speed stik shifter after a little cleaning and research I knew what I had and would up keeping it for a few years and later on when I needed my first car I sold it and have been regretting it ever since, I don't have any pictures of it but have some great memories of the bike and the summer that highly influenced me to collect classic bikes when I got older.

Bought this for $5.00 Sold it four days later for $17,000.00

P1014930.JPG

Don't know if any of you guys remember that old international metro Minnie delivery truck that I sold... it was a 1948 I had it on here about six months ago bought it for 3000 I guy in Las Vegas had to have it came out and gave me what I was asking for it 10,000 had it for about five days pretty good deal for me if you go back in the for sale section you probably see pictures of it ..... that in no way shape or form beat catfishes deal but if you've been on here for a while you know it's hard to be catfish at anything ;););)

Back