When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Straight Bar Project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

JimRoy

Wore out three sets of tires already!
A couple of years ago I helped an old friend with a few of his bicycle projects. As I was getting ready to leave his house he gave me one of his 48 Schwinn Straight Bar frames and a few other parts he had laying around. When I got home I threw it on the bike stand. A few days later I decided to remove all the parts and start with just the frame. I finished and installed the tank this morning. The paint is immaculate. Thanks to my old friend Ed and Danny the Schwinn Freak, and a lot of hard work the 48 is back on the road.

I have a 48 but I wish my fenders were as nice as yours I'll have to settle for what I have tho

Last edited:
I have questions. In the first p. it appears the rear fender struts aren't lining up - yet fender is attached to frame. And on my 48 had similar problem. I gave up looking for fender and. Just filed out mounting h ole in strut
Not sure I understand your question. I believe I have it assembled correctly. My grandson won’t care if I don’t. Thanks for inquiring. Jim

I had to buy a bike at auction to get tank/rear fender. Then another bike to get fork/ front fender. When I located OG wheelset for a 37 I own, I reused drop centers and spokes I had on on motorbike. Owned this bike then gifted it to someone.Consequently was stolen + then I recovered it. But original guard with pinstripes went missing

Back