When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Straight bar Shelby

-

mrg

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Anybody have any have any info on this mid 30's straight bar hanging tank Flying Cloud badged Shelby. I don't know about the history of the different color parts but the couple I have seen over the last 35+ years had the same no leg rack?. Just thru a seat on it for looks. A long time project I'm probably never going to get to so probably going to take it to the swap or post it hear For Sale
518B3ACB-9764-4D00-AB7D-4C29DC758E1B.jpeg

2B80BAA0-170F-4E8D-A965-6FC9D7121E85.jpeg

F8118C1C-CEAC-4BF3-B0FE-234410D0262C.jpeg

6B7FCF74-A68C-4A98-866F-3ED7E965D261.jpeg

DB0200EE-1E2E-46F2-BB9D-23BA5E05D817.jpeg

1664E4BF-67A3-4B92-8097-1DFE22F1DC77.jpeg

I like it. When you decide to move it on to a new home I'd be interested in it.

I was communicating with a guy about this bike. Unfortunately, he had the same questions you do. Good luck

Sure looks like my Shelby-badged Flyer frame, but different Bars/Stem. Been told 36 or 37. This frame came to me originally outfitted with the phone-dial sprocket and dogleg as well. Yours may or may not have the original stem/bar combo and the fenders/rack/seat/wheels are questionable. Very few of these frames are around, and yours is the deluxe model, (OG tank?)which is even less-seen...
IMG_3296.JPG

IMG_3301.JPG

Serial Number please?

Last edited:
I was never able to make to much sense of Shelby #'s, not sure of the history, ( different color fenders & rack ) but seen the no leg rack on similar Shelby's. only found 1 piece of literature that shows no rack or guard. Oh ya John, just pulled it out and started investigating again, have you found any info?, think the Flying Cloud badge is OG to the bike, think I'll try to take it off and see if there's any history underneath.
BA9878AA-60C8-43D6-8053-6DDAE6DB73B9.jpeg

I was never able to make to much sense of Shelby #'s, not sure of the history, ( different color fenders & rack ) but seen the no leg rack on similar Shelby's. only found 1 piece of literature that shows no rack or guard.View attachment 991347

For some odd reason, people have not organized a chart for pre-40 s Shelbys. I started a new thread after another one failed but it sizzled out also. Pretty silly I say. My frame is later than yours as the numbers are similar. Hmmm........"T" stands for something right? Same frame, late 30's. Where are all the pre-40 shelby numbers?:pensive: Mine could be 1937?--Model "T"(7) and yours 1936?-Model "T" (6)
IMG_3330.JPG

Last edited:
Is there a year attached to the ad MrG ? Maybe the "T" is a frame style, not the model.......or Year perhaps?
Shelby owners: Show us your "T" serial numbered bikes...
I "Double Dare" you secretive Shelby-heads to show a pic of your bike and number....triple dare actually...

Reactions: mrg
Back