When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STRAIGHT BAR TANK COLOR COMBO'S ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Hoagie57

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Okay here goes 🚲
I understand the Hornet tanks are painted 2 tone .With the main color being the accent color on the frame & the tank front being the main color of the frame . Can this be reversed & still be correct 😕
Another question ?
On Panther tanks so the front is "chrome" and from what I've seen the main tank body is the same color as the frame. Kinds blends right in. Has anyone every seen or painted the main Panther tank body the "accent" color ? Seems it would make the tank stand out nicer & using striping on the tank the main frame color. Would either way be acceptable🤔 OR the purist would what what factory issued which is what ?
If you've done any of this and have a pic would be great 😎
Thank you
Tommy

Answer to both questions is "no". Panthers only came one way so someone looking for original would not want one customized. Then again if its your bike and your repainting anyway why not have it your way? V/r Shawn

Not quite pertinent to your specific question, but the prewar 40/41 ACE straightbar models, sometimes had reverse paint schemes on the tank.
I had a red and black ACE that was painted that way, and it looked really good.
I always thought it would’ve looked good to have the fork paint scheme reversed to match the headtube trim color as well.
I don’t think, that was ever done though.

Yeah I just think changing it up a little make it look a lot sharper / eye appealing. I don't understand why schwinn didn't offer a reverse paint scheme .Just like the Hornets OR Like they did on some of the cantilever tanks.
I agree the forks would look great painted the accent color as well. 🤩

Hey Tommy,

So this is what the bicycle looked like I suspect with the tank. Lots of GREEN!!!

1624300738205.png

What if you reversed the colors on everything, Cream bicycle with green scallops???

Green wheels with white pinstripes!!! Don't think this is original but cool.

Clay tires would look awesome?????

SJ

1624301002253.png

Just found this picture I framed over 30 years ago.
Scored it from the Pedal Pusher in Newport Beach.
Just reframed it, still a hack job LOL!!!

View attachment 1433829
YUP GOT THAT PIC/BOOK TO . And I have most of those paint schemes in straight bar tanks, not all but most. I've redone them myself & some Panther tanks as well as cantilever tanks to. Use to do auto painting yrs back. Just get tired and want to change some up . I got a awesome straight bar tank.
I tried one in Red/White & Blue with the front being Dark blue with ... I think only 48 stars & the main body red/white stripes . Great parade tank come to think of it.

Here's another question
Which style screws are correct ? Philips or pan head ... ahh this should be a good one. 🤔

Slotted countersunk screws is what I see mostly, they are difficult to find will see if McCaskey has some tomorrow will be there in the AM.

I've seen folks use Philips as well, will see which ones are correct.

IMG_5190.jpg

IMG_5191.jpg

Back