When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Straight pull spokes or viable substitute options

-

jpromo

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I could use a set of spokes to build up a Columbia model 59 wheelset (28 front; 36 rear). One of my current wheels is a mangled mess and both are missing spokes and they're too rusty to salvage.

I'm planning to build up Stutzman hoops and make it ridable so a solid set would be desired but new ones might even be preferred. Anybody know of a good option for this? I feel like I heard of a wheelman out there who made these. Or is straightening J-hooks the way to go?

Try Ebay childhood_ dreams for straight pull spokes I have bought many spokes from him always satisfied. Cut to length.

I could use a set of spokes to build up a Columbia model 59 wheelset (28 front; 36 rear). One of my current wheels is a mangled mess and both are missing spokes and they're too rusty to salvage.

I'm planning to build up Stutzman hoops and make it ridable so a solid set would be desired but new ones might even be preferred. Anybody know of a good option for this? I feel like I heard of a wheelman out there who made these. Or is straightening J-hooks the way to go?
Dan's Comp is our spoke supplier. Good prices and ships fast.

Dan's Comp is our spoke supplier. Good prices and ships fast.

Just looked them up and it seems their spokes are exclusively geared to 20" BMX. Looks like they max out around 200mm which is about 4 inches short. Am I missing something?

How about ProWheelbuilder.com? I found some SAPIM double butted in any length I could ever need. I was hoping to find cadmium plated so I could tarnish them some, but stainless is probably all I'll ever come up with.

Back