When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Straightbar tank wanted

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Great bike. What ever you do don't repaint it.
Really, how come? Besides my husband you are the 2nd person who's told me that. Why shouldn't I paint back to the original colors like restored? The thing is I'm not looking at selling or anything just want it to be a nice looking bike/cruiser to ride around, not that it's not cool now but unfortunately being a woman I think it's my flaw off wanting it shinny...

Really, how come? Besides my husband you are the 2nd person who's told me that. Why shouldn't I paint back to the original colors like restored? The thing is I'm not looking at selling or anything just want it to be a nice looking bike/cruiser to ride around, not that it's not cool now but unfortunately being a woman I think it's my flaw off wanting it shinny...
You can still have a shiny bike but it will require a lot of elbow grease. As it has been said thousands of time on this site, it is only original once. The paint is way to good for a repaint. Search this site for tips on bringing the paint back to life. My preferred method is 0000 steel wool and WD-40 followed by a light compound and then a good wax.

Example: absolutely nothing has been done to the finish of the frame, fender or chainguard except hard work and time. 1941 woman's Schwinn Autocycle.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
834fdf8496e9693de9ce547df330595d.jpg
3740e1485349637307bafecab963619a.jpg

Last edited:
Do whatever you want to do it's Your Bike. Happy Riding!!
Yes I was just wondering if I was being told that to keep the value up. But I also understand most people on this want or have originals and they hate to see anything redone.

You can still have a shiny bike but it will require a lot of elbow grease. As it has been said thousands of time on this site, it is only original once. The paint is way to good for a repaint. Search this site for tips on bringing the paint back to life. My preferred method is 0000 steel wool and WD-40 followed by a light compound and then a good wax.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Ok awesome sounds great I will give that a shot!! Thank you so much for the tip!

Love this bike as-is. Just a light cleaning and servicing is what is needs, including a good saddle. No need to track down a tank in my opinion as the straightbars have a great look to them without one. Why not get this on the road & enjoy it on the cheap instead of pouring all that money into it? Find a bike that is in much worse shape & redo that one? Just sayin'...It really is a nice bike. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Love this bike as-is. Just a light cleaning and servicing is what is needs, including a good saddle. No need to track down a tank in my opinion and the straightbars have a great look to them without one. Why not get this on the road & enjoy it on the cheap instead of pouring all that money into it? Find a bike that is in much worse shape & redo that one? Just sayin'...It really is a nice bike. Enjoy!
Actually it is ready to go my husbands friend use to have a bike shop and he went through it and got it up and running. Tank is just a personal preference and obviously not a must. Like most of everyone on here my husband loves it just the way it is.

Back