When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange, Fun, project Murray PICS

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MR D

Finally riding a big boys bike
Now this one is strange. I saved this frame from being scrapped. Got it for free so to speak. I took it home and didn't even clean up or disassemble the frame, I just shot some rattle can paint on it and decided where I was going after that. The paint color looks old, and that was my original idea. I thought, hey this looks kinda military. So I took a trip to a hobby shop and picked up a strip of Air Force decals for RC airplanes. Little by little I added things that I thought would make it look old, and fit the idea. I wanted this bike to look as if it just came out of service.

It was a fun project, and I get many strange looks from it. It rides like a dream, and I have had a couple offers. I think I'll just keep my cool Air Force bike for now!:cool:

Enjoy the pics. I can answer some questions about the parts if anyone is interested. The frame is a simple 26" middle weight Murray.

USAF bike 005.jpg
USAF bike 007.jpg
USAF bike 009.jpg
USAF bike 004.jpg
USAF bike 006.jpg
USAF bike 008.jpg
sprocket 004.jpg

Mr D.

Thanks guys. This bike is fun to ride and see the reactions. It really is nothing special, but I have fun taking it out. I know the Troxel girls seat and the CCM sprocket (Canadian) are oddities to see on the same bike, but I don't care...makes it even more a conversation piece. They all fit and make it what it is...a fun ride. No one else has one, that's fer sure!

I really wanted to make that front peg (gun turret) a LED light. I tried many different small flashlights, but none would fit right. I'm still looking though. Some day I'll dig out a generator and get that headlight working as well.

All different bike manufacturers are represented on this project. Frame- Murray, Wheels - probably Schwinn heavy duty spokes, Tires - Nirve, Seat - Troxel, Seat bag - who knows, Back rack - Sears, Sprocket - CCM. Just a hodge podge of parts to make a cool rider.

looks pretty good. AF guy?

Nope. I tried, but they couldn't use me. I just have a lot of respect for our folks who have served.

I have another Murray frame that I intend on making into a Navy bike. Think "Blue Angels". Navy Blue and Yellow paint to mimic the planes.

blue-angels.jpg

How many bikes have you shot down to date?? so cool....

Ha Ha! Well I did have a couple Mongooses in the cross hairs, and one or two Wallmart bikes that I could have blown away, but I don't really have an itchy trigger finger. Mainly I just honk the horn and tell them to move aside fella!:cool:

Back