When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stratco? Information?

-
Anyone know anything about them? Thanks, Barry
Please PM me, email me at [email protected], call me at Home at 1-208-687-5319 or
Text / call my Cell at 1-509-230-0613. Thank you very much! Barry

strattco-tag-jpg-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg

No one apparently knows. Do you know what they made or sold? I see no indication they produced bicycles. They have made other products but I honestly have no idea. You need to provide a background of what you think the made. From what I see on the building it looks like they produced furniture. Maybe you need to be on a vintage furnitire forum. Roger

They sold bicycles along with other products. I found one reference to them selling Schwinn bicycles, along with a drawing of a 1934 Schwinn Stratco. I was hoping someone had seen one.
I also have ads for "My Buddy" Minnow buckets, Tackle boxes and other fishing stuff. They also specialized in baking enamel on bicycle and motorcycle frames. They sold Anchor brand furnaces. If I ask long enough people always come through on the Cabe. New people join all the time and the other folks are always buying more bicycles. Thanks for the input, Barry

FallsCity1.jpg

No one apparently knows. Do you know what they made or sold? I see no indication they produced bicycles. They have made other products but I honestly have no idea. You need to provide a background of what you think the made. From what I see on the building it looks like they produced furniture. Maybe you need to be on a vintage furnitire forum. Roger

Jobbers build products for other Companies. Schwinn, like other companies also had products made by lots of other jobbers. There is a list of Schwinn jobbers that went on strike in 1919 floating around somewhere on the Cabe. I was surprised with the outfits that made products for Schwinn and also sold Schwinn bicycles, like Montgomery Wards and others.

I also did some research on this company and from what I could find they are mostly known as a fishing equipment producer. Like many companies they may have dabbled in bicycles but it was never a major product for their sales. Schwinn at one time pre WW2 sold most of their bikes through jobbers and would literally put names on Schwinn built bikes for almost anyone. I remember Schwinn dealers but they were almost all post WW2. Two I know of in WI, Haacks and Bens were with Schwinn before the war. Hacks basically for a long time unscrewed the Schwinn head badge and put on their own badge. I remember being in the Haacks store in Janesville in the 1970s and they still had a drawer full of Haacks badges that hadn't been used. I would guess there were 100 or more sitting in that drawer. Roger

Last edited:
Howdy! Thanks for the information. I have a Haack's badge and have the shop in the book I'm writing. I don't know anything about Ben's though. Thanks, Barry

Bens was the first Schwinn shop I ever visited that had a Paramount on the floor for sale. Actually they had about 20+ of them. I believe they also sold the first Waterford that was built. They are in south part of Milwaukee. Roger

Bens was the first Schwinn shop I ever visited that had a Paramount on the floor for sale. Actually they had about 20+ of them. I believe they also sold the first Waterford that was built. They are in south part of Milwaukee. Roger
Thanks! I'll look them up! Barry

Back