When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

stripping paint

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
so far I used goof off-then rubbing alcohol-then hot water no matter how light you rub it-it goes right to the red and starts lifting the red. I will keep trying as I am not one to leave the name on this radio!

I think trying to remove it will ultimately damage this rare radio far more than leaving it alone. Here is an idea not mentioned, take the radio in for a laser paint match, and touch up the paint to cover the name.

thanks for every one's input- ended up going to Sherman Williams they did a laser match I just painted over the blue-someday I might find an original painted back cover. thanks to all!

100_1570.JPG

thanks for every one's input- ended up going to Sherman Williams they did a laser match I just painted over the blue-someday I might find an original painted back cover. thanks to all!

View attachment 729831
From what I see I would roll a second light coat red.using a texture foam roller then lightly clear coat entire wrinkle finish cover for closer gloss..

The red looks close- just low gloss.?

The goof off likely softened it to metal and anything you do will lift it. at this point.- GOOD LUCK.

Back