When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strongest Cruiser Frame?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Looks like the BB cup took a beating too.

1540430564992.png

Looks like the BB cup took a beating too.

Yeah, that's not the first time that's happened to me. I noticed a little bit of slop in the crank so I figured it was time to replace the cups/bearings. I was trying to get it done in a hurry so I didn't really look at the frame but did notice the cup on that side didn't fit as tight as the other. The next day was when I noticed the crack so I checked the picture I took the day before and sure enough it was there. Now I'm wondering how long it's been cracked.

Thanks, I'll check it out

You could have Rex Stephens custom build you one.
Scroll down and check out the Big-B.
http://www.santabarbaracruisers.com/one-offs

Ok, I'll check it out

Would a springer fork be a possible solution, with some negative trade-offs.

Someone mentioned that last year when I snapped the down tube. I've hardly ever ridden a bike with a springer but i remember I didn't really like the feel of it.

Holy Kre, you broke another frame? What the heck are you jumping off of, geez? Man, it's not just upper frame, not just the BB but the stay joints and lower bar too. Dam!

You need to change the center of support to ride wherever you are and doing this to frames. wow, I'd bet Schwinn saw this but it's surely a trophy. Maybe get-cha one of those confangeled TOC frames that have them spring shock systems on the rear stays to absorb your ride.

It was discussed before, I chimed in and said the prewar Schwinn bikes were used as the first mountain bikes. The frames were tough and the lower bracket has a lot of clearance for going over rocks etc. Barry
I believe that pre war Colson frames were also a choice for the early mountain bikers.

I would get a new cruiser bike from one of those fancy hipster companies and make them replace the frame when it breaks lol

Back