When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stuck seat post in a Bianchi

-
Nothing will get a good stuck aluminum post to steel frame loose, except sawing it out. You will destroy the frame and it will still be there if you use force, or even heat. A dielectric reaction caused by small amounts of static electricity and water welds the two together. The only way is to carefully saw it out. I have used a rod inside a sawed off post but then the seat post clamp won’t fit. I had to do some welding. Ample grease on the post will keep this from happening. Saw it out.

I already SAWED three vertical cuts in the post the length and thickness of the post.
You have it cut into "ribbons" now you have to apply an impact(shock) force to break the ribbon loose from the wall. Obviously, start at the top where each ribbon protrudes from the seat tube. Drill a dimple into that protrusion so a punch won't slip when you hit it with a hammer--you're not going to ruin your frame. The seat tube should be lying flat(use a piece of leather between it and bench for scratch protection). Be patient-- multiple hits-it's not about killing it with your best blow--it's the momentary impact force that will break it loose. If the top part gives but not the lower you can drill holes as mentioned in earlier post. Finally. if all else fails, a machine shop could probably figure a way to get a boring bar down it and remove all the seat post material--they might even like the challenge(which is mostly in how to hold/align the workpiece)

Hi a little late too this thread but this may work. It has for me on a Bridgestone mb3 with good paint n a stuck post like yours. Aluminum on cromo. I see you have cut it and sawed the length. Now get the frame in a solid stand or vice with the pain protected and from the top match the width of the seat post too an appropriate hole sale size. Diameter for diameter and drill it out slowly from the top to down inside the frame. I reapeat do this slowly with lots of lube and add extentions as needed till the offending seat post is gone

I understand everybody is trying to help but I don't see Any Bianchi being worth that hassle or headache & I see a frame being ruined. Might as well dump muriatic acid down it !

Back