When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stumped

-

Escondido Deluxe Hornet

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi all,
I bought a front brake hub, rim and hand grip from a CABE member. After a OE bath, I assembled the brake back on the rim and was putting the hand break in the handle bars. I undid the screw holding the handle bar clasp and the nut and a piece of metal with a tab on it came out.
I cannot figure out how to reassemble this as I do t see any way the metal piece with the tab fits in the hand brake assy.
Any ideas?

Hi all,
I bought a front brake hub, rim and hand grip from a CABE member. After a OE bath, I assembled the brake back on the rim and was putting the hand break in the handle bars. I undid the screw holding the handle bar clasp and the nut and a piece of metal with a tab on it came out.
I cannot figure out how to reassemble this as I do t see any way the metal piece with the tab fits in the hand brake assy.
Any ideas?
Pictures will help....

Nut fits in the clamp, kinda tuff but take your time and it will work...

Maybe you can see if what you have is similar to the Weinmann set up. The screw has to go thru a fixed plate/barrel or something and then into the nut or a threaded plate on the clamp to pull down on the bar clamp. Couple examples here.

1624852326013.png

Might be easier to assemble separately, (and with grip removed), slide onto the handlebar end, before tightening in place?

Back