When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stunning Og Blue 5 -speed Corvette

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Awesome bike. I bet your jaw dropped when you saw it was a 5 speed instead of a 3! And double great the guy actually called you after finding the parts. I bet I've had ten people who said they would do that "those parts are around here somewhere" and so far still batting zero.

The garage sale the owners were having was to get ready for a big move across the country. Ken also sent the original grips, another pair of pedals, can of Schwinn bike cleaner, and some old door hardware that he thought went on the bike...lol. He said if they they had not been doing something as thorough as a total move of all of their belongings, he never would have found the parts. Pure dumb luck. He and I have become pretty good friends in the meantime.

I couldn't agree more about it being a jackpot. Another "exciting" story happened when I was lifting it onto the stand for the first time and...baam!!! I nailed the pristine starburst badge...Nooooll! Truth be told, I actually cried. To the rescue came a very sympathetic Caber with an unusually spectacular nos badge. *sigh* That badge has a pretty nice ride into the sunset now. God bless the Cabe.
0905161500e.jpg
0906160923.jpg

I couldn't agree more about it being a jackpot. Another "exciting" story happened when I was lifting it onto the stand for the first time and...baam!!! I nailed the pristine starburst badge...Nooooll! Truth be told, I actually cried. To the rescue came a very sympathetic Caber with an unusually spectacular nos badge. *sigh* That badge has a pretty nice ride into the sunset now. God bless the Cabe.
View attachment 357401 View attachment 357402
What a great group of members we have here in our "family"!

I found this beautiful bike responding to a garage sale listing that mentioned a "Corvette with gears". The original owner got it for Christmas in 1962. The bike first came to me without fenders because the owner took them off as a kid. The light was also missing. One of the most exciting things was getting a call from Ken, the owner, that he had found the fenders and "Corvette light" that were removed years ago!!! The light is actually a CEV light with these racing flag decals. I have not seen a CEV like this before and don't know anything of its significance. Well, enjoy the photos. This has to be one of the nicest all original 5 speed Corvettes you will ever see.
View attachment 357219View attachment 357222View attachment 357223View attachment 357225View attachment 357227

View attachment 357220

THANK YOU FOR SHARING.
YOURS IS OBVIOUSLY A TRUE GARAGE FIND.
I OWN FOUR CORVETTES.
ALL BLUE.
ALL THREE 5 SPEEDS MISSING LIGHTS.
ONE VERY CLOSE TO YOURS MINUS LIGHT.
ONE "RESTORED". THE THIRD ONE THAT I JUST ACQUIRED IS ALL ORIGINAL EXCEPT NEEDS THE SHIFTER CABLE, FENDERS, ORIGINAL SEAT AND ORIGINAL TIRES.
THE THREE SPEED WAS RESTORED WITH A STUNNING REPAINT BY PRO AUTO PAINTER.

Back