When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stunning Schwinn Paramount . . a Coppertone Tourist !

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Zipcode
A '62 serial number would just be a letter and two digits.
I'm getting the 39th frame from September of '67 for J739.

Serial Number_2.jpg

The J represents the month September as the I was not used . The next number represents the year 1967 for 7 and 39 represents the 39th frame built as best I can tell from the database .

Is 61/62 the only years they used the Disney “font”? It’s by far and away my favorite script on any Paramount.
Off the top of my head, I think the Disneyland script was used from 1960 through 1963.
Re: The '67 tourist that this thread is about; another hint that it's post '66 is the company name on the seat tube panel decal.
In 1967 it changed from Arnold, Schwinn & Co. to Schwinn Bicycle Company.

Off the top of my head, I think the Disneyland script was used from 1960 through 1963.
Re: The '67 tourist that this thread is about; another hint that it's post '66 is the company name on the seat tube panel decal.
In 1967 it changed from Arnold, Schwinn & Co. to Schwinn Bicycle Company.
My #N27 1963 track bike did not have the Disneyland script decals, so maybe it ended in 1962?

As a side bar, I never thought I would have lived long enough to think any Tourist Paramount model would become a "cool bike". But I'm changing my old mind, the Coppertone tourist for sale on this post is a really cool bike, I LIKE IT! Someone needs to buy this bike and ride the crap out of it. My favorite item is that short Titan handlebar stem.

John

Back