When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sturmey Archer Axle Thread Size

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

wrongway

I live for the CABE
I am looking on eBay for a set of wing nuts for one of my bikes. The ones for the Sturmey Archer hub. I'm not good with thread and nut sizing. Can anyone tell me what I should be looking for?

The easiest way to get the diameter of the axle is to put a wrench on it. It's probably 3/8 of an inch. Measure 1 inch of the length of the axle and count the high or low points of the threads. It's probably 26. This is a standard British thread size, but not interchangeable with American or Metric. I would think that CEI (Cycle Engineers Institute) wing nut will be hard to find. eBay has British taps available. Be aware that British Standard Fine (BSF) is not 26 threads per inch. Count your threads.
1544663390091.png

here's a pair eBay #232895210814

Last edited:
SA hubs are Whitworth threads which is a size onto itself. It is not Metric or SAE threading. You will have a hard time finding what uou want. Roger

Back