When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sturmey Archer Coaster 3-Speed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

partsguy

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
So I looked at my ‘60 Dayton and noticed it has a Sturmey-Archer 3-speed coaster brake hub. I have never seen one of these, I have have owned many Schwinn’s, Huffy’s, Murray’s, Raleigh’s, Hercules’, etc. So I went to find the date code to see if this was possibly original. I can’t find it. I cleaned all around the logo on the hub to no avail. Where is the date code for this?

F79A7F2F-DD82-46C3-8070-D0C43A1E4124.jpeg

A5DA21A5-8917-43B1-919B-C2EB1E97A57A.jpeg

The date is usually just under the main logo like most other Sturmey hubs of the era, on yours it must be a very light stamp or missing altogether. But most I've seen are from the late '50's or early '60's. By the mid-60's they were marked TCW III.

This is a 1st gen TCW hub from the mid 60's. Below the TCW is a faint number. The chrome on these was so thick it would sometimes fill the numbers in. Should be two numbers together and one separate to the right of it. Year/Month. Look closely.

Back