When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suburbans...I forgot how great they ride

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I bought this a couple of months ago, it had been on Craigslist for a month. When I went to look at it, I found that the man selling it had gone to the same high school, and graduated the same year, as me. He told me this bike had belonged to Art Schoal. Art was a stunt pilot and aerial photographer. He performed at Air shows with his dog "Aileron". Art crashed and died filming Top Gun. He kept this bike in his hangar, to ride around Rialto Airport. The bike had a basket that Aileron rode in. The man and his wife that I bought the bike from, were friends of Art and Judy, and took the bike to keep it from being thrown out after Art's death. It came from Harry's Schwinn in San Bernardino Ca. My first three bikes came from Harry's, so I am happy to have this '79 with FFS. It rides great!

20230308_130211.jpg

20230210_122837.jpg

20230210_122812.jpg

20230210_122734.jpg

I'm 78 years old and only one friend had a light weight. I see now what I was missing. I ride in a bike club in flat Illinois and I find that my stable of old Schwinn's and Raleighs can keep up with the new bikes with some extra muscle that I need to acquire to keep up in my Dailey life. Thanks for saving these to honor the dead people who made them. Bullet-proof was the American way. You had to run a car over them to kill them but then you can bend them back.

That is super-clean! Even the gold decals, which often faded and seem to disappear into the paint, are still legible. Nice pick-up!

It's a twin of the '72 Suburban I purchased back in April. This one, except for new tires, is just as it was when it left the dealer's show room.

20230422_131109.jpg

Back