When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suggestion about tire shipping fees

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

OLDTIMER

Finally riding a big boys bike
Can anyone suggest the most cost-efficient shipping fees to send a 20 inch tire across the U.S.....?
I am not looking to fold the tire, but ship it flat. I estimate the package to be 24 x 24 x 6 and weigh approximately 5 pounds.
Thanks

5 lbs for a tyre ?!?!?!
Two tyres would weigh nearly as much as some of my track bikes!

I have seen some home-made boxes (some better than others); perhaps the size of an existing box could be reduced to fit the smaller tire - but then there is the cost of your labor, or the price of another box?

I have both bought and sold tires that have been twisted like a pretzel and put in a box about 14x3x3 and have never had a problem seating them on a rim. Perhaps if they were in a box like that for a year or so it might be different.
I posted some big, fat custom style tyres from over here in the UK to a fellow Caber in this way, with no issues at his end.

Back