When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suggestion about tire shipping fees

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Can anyone suggest the most cost-efficient shipping fees to send a 20 inch tire across the U.S.....?
I am not looking to fold the tire, but ship it flat. I estimate the package to be 24 x 24 x 6 and weigh approximately 5 pounds.
Thanks
Hi Everyone,
Thanks to all for all replies with your shipping suggestions. To make sense of this, I was shipping a brand new 20” Schwinn Large Letter Slik from the Chicagoland area to the east coast.
I found the best price through Shipbikes who uses the Fed-Ex system to move their parcels.
I was able to cut down a rectangular box with the correct width to arrive at 24”x24”x 6”. These measurements allowed me some area for packing and ended up at 6 lbs.
I did not want to pretzel-twist this particular tire. I have purchased some general-use tires, including some Taiwan Schwinn Westwinds that were shipped twisted with no concerns.
I did inquire about shipping through USPS which was competitively priced until packaging went in to “premium” shipping rate. Once the package exceeds 12” the rates got out of control.
So the tire is packaged, labeled and will be on its way to its new owner in the morning
Thanks again for all your suggestions.
Oldtimer
Can anyone suggest the most cost-efficient shipping fees to send a 20 inch tire across the U.S.....?
I am not looking to fold the tire, but ship it flat. I estimate the package to be 24 x 24 x 6 and weigh approximately 5 pounds.
Thanks

77254364-6CE5-4E54-BB62-2CB846DB40D8.jpeg

971C42A3-C3E1-41CF-B562-3E90D818B2EF.jpeg

0B0F2E0F-21BB-4C6D-8950-1181C9A434A0.jpeg

Hi Everyone,
Thanks to all for all replies with your shipping suggestions. To make sense of this, I was shipping a brand new 20” Schwinn Large Letter Slik from the Chicagoland area to the east coast.
I found the best price through Shipbikes who uses the Fed-Ex system to move their parcels.
I was able to cut down a rectangular box with the correct width to arrive at 24”x24”x 6”. These measurements allowed me some area for packing and ended up at 6 lbs.
I did not want to pretzel-twist this particular tire. I have purchased some general-use tires, including some Taiwan Schwinn Westwinds that were shipped twisted with no concerns.
I did inquire about shipping through USPS which was competitively priced until packaging went in to “premium” shipping rate. Once the package exceeds 12” the rates got out of control.
So the tire is packaged, labeled and will be on its way to its new owner in the morning
Oldtimer

View attachment 1374224

View attachment 1374225

View attachment 1374226
Can I get some in 26x2.125 ;)

I've put tires inside heavy duty black trash bags tape it up crisscross pop a hole in the center to let any air out then put inside another bag and tape it so all plastic is covered & away you go . Never had any problems or complaints. 1 tire from NY to CA about $12.00 to $15.00 priority mail. I've done this with 1 & 2 tire shipments. At least 50 time's . Size 2 to 3" tall & around 2 to 3 lbs
Of course if its a $300.00 tire then you need to use a box ! ✌ NEVER like getting a folded tire ....
C'mon they ship car/truck tires UPS with just a sticker on the tire itself. Not rocket science only a tire guys

The tire went Fed-Ex, nicely wrapped and secure in a box for $20.00; no rocket fuel expended.
I work in the auto industry...they deliver windshields with just a label on them as well.

Thanks
Ask mrg, he's the Cabe expert for overage tire shipping. He knows it all!!

I have both bought and sold tires that have been twisted like a pretzel and put in a box about 14x3x3 and have never had a problem seating them on a rim. Perhaps if they were in a box like that for a year or so it might be different.
WOW!!! NO FREAKIN S$#T!!!!

Hi Everyone,
Oldtimer

View attachment 1374224

View attachment 1374225

View attachment 1374226
Nice tire. Do you have any that fit s7 and price? Thanks. Razin. 53042.

Ouch, that was rude. Not going to make many friends in the bike hobby with those kind of comment's.
No rude here. Just the facts Maam. he does more tire shipping than any one on here. Don't take every thing out of context. It might hurt you some day.

Back