When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suggestion?

-
Cool diagram! Im old school -- just back from a bicycle store and can honestly say I didnt see anything I liked better than what I have.
Do the truss rods actually do anything on that particular bicycle? Had some on a Western Flyer and I dont think they did, or maybe they did -- solid fork, no spring.

Truss rods help strengthen the forks, and they are cool as all get out.

Yes they are -- that Western Flyer was a late 50's pretty much run of the mill bicycle, and of course I no longer have it. :(

Back in those good 'ol days ...... it was a "hot date" when we gave our girlfriends a ride on our bikes with them sitting on the handlebars!!:cool:
Those truss rods helped carry their weight "directly over the front wheel" and it helped keep the fork from buckling forward....
Same is true when us paperboys had a MEGA "WALD" newspaper basket mounted on the handlebars! (Those Sunday papers were like bricks!)
And then (of course) there was those "tricksters" who would "T-Bone" a curb or Parked Car like bone-heads.....to see what would give out first:confounded:
( My First-hand experience on examples "1" & "2" above .... just a "witness" on that last example :p ) Cheers! CCR Dave

Back