When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Summer Project 37 Hawthorne

-

MrAustralia

Finally riding a big boys bike
I purchased this bicycle (without the tank) from @szathmarig earlier this year. But (being in the southern hemisphere) I haven't done much to it over winter.

Now that its warming up, its time to get moving on it. I am going to try a OA bath on this one (I have never done that before) as I think the paint is actually a maroon colour rather than the brown it currently looks. I will put before and after photos in the OA thread (in the restoration section). Hopefully it'll come out well.

Always exciting starting the next project. Thanks CABE!!

Post1.png

Post 2.jpg

post 3.jpg

whats the shipping like to Australia? i live on the gold coast and wouldn't mind getting another bike at some point

I have same tank !
I purchased this bicycle (without the tank) from @szathmarig earlier this year. But (being in the southern hemisphere) I haven't done much to it over winter.

Now that its warming up, its time to get moving on it. I am going to try a OA bath on this one (I have never done that before) as I think the paint is actually a maroon colour rather than the brown it currently looks. I will put before and after photos in the OA thread (in the restoration section). Hopefully it'll come out well.

View attachment 878632

View attachment 878636

View attachment 878641

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

View attachment 878632

View attachment 878636

View attachment 878641
it looks like my tank worked for you. Glad in found a good home..

Back