When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Summertime Schwinndig

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
As collectors its important to remember we are only caretakers of these relics and at some point we need to pass the torch and give others the opportunity to preserve, cherish, and maybe even ride these historical treasures. Recently a prominent, and well respected, collector in Chicago decided it was time to move along some of his long-time holdings and @onecatahula (Pete) orchestrated the deal. To see all of these at one time was amazing. Bob U. @bobcycles flew in from California, and the rest of us including Phil @deepsouth , Kevin @Kevin Crowe , Dave @Classic Cool Rides and Joel @JOEL were within driving distance. Some of the gems included a double duty hanging tank canti, double duty C Mod, an outstanding '40 DX special with mint aluminum gothics, jewel tanks, B6s, B10Es to include an orange one, a near mint 5 speed Corvette, and many others presented a veritable Schwinn feast. Speaking of feast our generous host fired up the grill and provided us with burgers and brats. A good time had by all and a big thanks to Pete for hosting this. This Schwinndig was Buddy Approved!

Bob U. and me unloading the precious cargo!

Our host on the grill

Bob U. teaching me the finer points of "Schwinnology"

...and all the rest...

Some great bikes! I’m digging Pete’s pandemic hairdo. Mine is starting to look like that as well!

who kicked over the canti? Probably Bob. We need some better picks of the black Motorbike and Ranger!

Last edited:
What a spectacular group of Schwinns! Was this get together arranged for the sale of these beauties?

Back