When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunbeam 5 Speed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sunbeam 5

On Training Wheels
I got this bike when a friend of mine was selling their house in 1986
They where going to toss it, so I grabbed it!
As far as I can tell it has 3 speeds on the right side of the hub and a high and low on the left side so is it a 5 or 6 speed?
As you can see on the bike it says 5 speed.
I have never seen anything like it.
I have spent a good hour on the net trying to find info on this old bike but came up with nothing. Can any body tell my what year it might be and an idea as to its worth? I assume it is very rare because I found nothing on the net about it. Am I correct?
IMG_2861.jpg
IMG_2862.jpg
IMG_2863.jpg
IMG_2865.jpg
IMG_2866.jpg
IMG_2860.jpg

Looks like a Raleigh built bike to me. You can tell from the way the frame is built. I just learned a tad about these not to long ago when I was questing for info on an old hercules. I will add a link on here for a thread I started. Might be of some help to you. There is a link on there to a site that can help identify it via the location of the sn and the sn itself. I know it was for me!

http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46958

-Ron-

That bike would also be considered a lightweight bike and you will get a better resonse in the lightweight part of the forum. Lightweight/middleweight has nothing to do with what bike weighs but more with tire sizes. Roger

Back