When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunbeam with a Mini Motor - what year?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
C

chuckspeed

Okay, gang -

I'm in the process of getting a prewar Sunbeam bicycle with what I believe to be a 1950 Mini-Motor clip-on motor over the back wheel. It hasn't run for ten years - but is in good overall original (and complete) condition.

I only have a scanned 600kb .pdf file pic of the bike - can anyone help me resize and refit it so that it may be shown here?

thanks,

chuck.

okay - I firgured it out. Will also post up to Photobucket and get an image up thataway.

Attachments

• ACC_CycleMotor_p01 (2).jpg
    ACC_CycleMotor_p01 (2).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 78
Mini-Motor

Your registration MKR was issued in 1950, in Maidstone, Kent.

I have a Mini-Motor page at http://cyclemaster.co.uk/

Page 13 - The Trojan ?Gearless Cycle Outboard? Mini-Motor

I've included a dating chart for Mini-Motors. I think yours is a Mark 2, but you can check the engine number against the chart to confirm.

You can also download the Mini-Motor instruction book from the page.

Hope that helps,

Colin

thanks! this really helps!

So - the bike is a 1950 (prox.) Raleigh three speed, and I was bang-on regarding the vintage of the powerplant.

The outfit is leaving England for Key West - a perfect place for just such an item. One of my neighbours has a similar cycle, albeit in rougher condition. it will see regular use, as we do not have a car on the island - nor is one needed. It will reside alongside my 1955 Rollfast balloon tyre tank bike and my 1958 Puch MS 50.

thanks again!

Back