When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday Night “Show and Tell” So what new finds do we have this week?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

PhattCatBicycles

Wore out three sets of tires already!
So what have our fellow members find this week? Whatever you found we other members would sure like to see it. Remember to post a few photos of your find and tell us the story of how you found it.

Have fun and happy hunting!

A barn find.Not a bike but just a Kool!It is solid and runs well .6 cylinder with "three on the tree".Its a 1954 Chevy short bed.Will be looking for 6 lug wheels to put old style tires back on.Got a tub full of extra parts.
DSCN1012-1.jpg

A barn find.Not a bike but just a Kool!It is solid and runs well .6 cylinder with "three on the tree".Its a 1954 Chevy short bed.Will be looking for 6 lug wheels to put old style tires back on.Got a tub full of extra parts.
DSCN1012-1.jpg

Sweet & gorgeous Vince!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations.

You better make that truck nice and comfy, 'cause you may have to be sleeping in it if you keep bringing stuff home. Nice truck by the way. Congratulations!

No bikes as I'm in parts collecting mode to get my 1927 Stutz motor-bike back on the road so here are the parts I found this week. Found a light for the Stutz on ebay, it has "VESTA ACCUMULATOR CO. PAT. PEND." engraved on it:

IMG_1215-1.jpg

Second up are New Departure Model C rear hub and a Model SM front hub both off ebay:

IMG_1220-1.jpg

Finally up a newly finished project so new to me. Bought a repop 2-cell Delta battery canister off ebay and converted it to a single cell can. On the left is an original battery canister going on my 1930 Hartford & on the right is the new to me converted unit going on the 1927 Stutz:

IMG_1207-1.jpg

DSCN1012-1.jpg

Thats a beauty Vince! Years ago I owned a 57 Chevy Apache shortbox, 4 on the floor. DMV inspectors for some strange reason thought I needed floorboards and pulled my Apache off the road :(

Hawthorne

I went to an auction yesterday because I was told there would be a lot of old bikes there. If 6 is a lot then the info was correct. The only one that was old though was this Hawthorne that followed me home. Like I posted over on RRB I bought some rust with a little bit of bike attached. The tires were rotted so bad there was huge chunks missing and what was left of them had to be pried off. The front fender is missing the rear bottom 3 or 4 inches and whats left is paper thin. I was kind of worried about the frame but after a can of PB Blaster, some wire brushing and steel wool, I found some paint and no real damage. Today I wire brushed the rust and crud off the wheels and tossed a set of Wards tires on them just to get it up and rolling again. I bought it with no real intention of ever trying to get it on the road but now it's become a mission. I have too many other projects so this is as far as I'm going with this for now. At least it resembles a bike again.
stuff080-1.jpg

This morning, I picked up a cherry Dayton standard girls model about and hour and a half from me off ebay for a good price.
I am hoping the the US Royal Chain tires are decent as I need em.
Planning on making her a rider for the Mrs., she'll get on a vintage bicycle if it doesn't look too old...this might be a winner.
Chris

new dayton.jpg

You better make that truck nice and comfy, 'cause you may have to be sleeping in it if you keep bringing stuff home. Nice truck by the way. Congratulations!

Thank you Dave.For once I have to agree with you.I might consider selling one of my old cars.I could use the space .See ,you could be nice when your on your meds.

What year did Model C's appear?

No bikes as I'm in parts collecting mode to get my 1927 Stutz motor-bike back on the road so here are the parts I found this week. Found a light for the Stutz on ebay, it has "VESTA ACCUMULATOR CO. PAT. PEND." engraved on it:

IMG_1215-1.jpg

Second up are New Departure Model C rear hub and a Model SM front hub both off ebay:

IMG_1220-1.jpg

Finally up a newly finished project so new to me. Bought a repop 2-cell Delta battery canister off ebay and converted it to a single cell can. On the left is an original battery canister going on my 1930 Hartford & on the right is the new to me converted unit going on the 1927 Stutz:

IMG_1207-1.jpg

Back