When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday Show and Tell.... 3/9/14...Daylight Saving time....it's about time!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
My Best

I bought my most original pre war ballooner from old hotrod and love it. Enjoy
IMG_8635.jpg
IMG_8638.jpg
IMG_8640.jpg
IMG_8643.jpg
IMG_8646.jpg

Sleeping in

Ok so here's my new toy. For those of you that peruse Dave's site (Nostalgic.net) for eye candy regularly you may recognize this bike. This bike has been owned for the past ten years by Marc (eazywinds). Someone on the site here was looking for a deluxe ballooner and cast the net. Marc put up some pics of bikes he had for sale and said he also had a Twin Flex for sale but didn't post a pic. I knew Marc has at least a couple TFs so asked him what he was selling. He gave me the link to Dave's site for this bike. I liked to have fell over! I could not believe he was selling what is certainly among the best, if not the best original '38 TF on the planet. He gave me a price and I immediately started searching the couch for coins! I got the bike Friday in two boxes and it couldn't have been packed any better-hell it took me about an hour an a half just to unwrap everything. I put the bike together yesterday morning and it went together nicely with no problems. I gave it a short check ride before I had to leave and take care of some things. Today it will go out for at least ten miles. I want to thank Marc--first for working with me on a deal that was within my reach, and secondly for allowing me to be the next care taker of this extraordinary machine. It looks pretty nice next to my other old Huffman! V/r Shawn

Congrats on the awesome score. It was my WTB post that the bike was mentioned in. I was a few hours to late an you got the bike. I guess that's what I get for sleeping in. LOL. In this scenario the early bird did get the worm. Keep in mind if you ever decide to let it go.
Joey.

Nice bikes guys, but it's kind of unfair when Shawn posts a bike like his latest acquisition.
I'm seeing stars after looking at that bike. In fact I'll be dreaming about it all night.

Interesting build date Shawn.
Mine is a 39 with a build date of December 39, which I thought was interesting, since the model had been discontinued for the 40 big tank model. I would have thought that production on the early design would have ceased long before December. The sale date on the receipt wasn't until 1942. Thats along time for a bike to sit on the floor before finally being sold.

It could have been ordered as a Christmas Window display bike and just stayed in the window for a few years because it keeept drwing so much attention!
JKent

40 macys cyclone 80

Nice bikes guys, but it's kind of unfair when Shawn posts a bike like his latest acquisition.
I'm seeing stars after looking at that bike. In fact I'll be dreaming about it all night.

Interesting build date Shawn.
Mine is a 39 with a build date of December 39, which I thought was interesting, since the model had been discontinued for the 40 big tank model. I would have thought that production on the early design would have ceased long before December. The sale date on the receipt wasn't until 1942. Thats along time for a bike to sit on the floor before finally being sold.

small tank!

DaytonTwinflex.jpg

WOW! It was a good weekend for vintage bikes!! All of them are sweet! Damn, I want a new bike!!

Back