When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday show and tell 4/10/2022!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Well it gets a little more movie script… The “friends” who were close to him, were originally old friends of his wife who has been gone a long time… They knew he had family, who was his wife’s family, but they did not choose to contact them… worse yet, the “friends” who he supposedly told to take care of his stuff when he was gone ( that’s their story, but no letters or anything to back it up), never claimed his remains in the morgue… That’s how his actual family found out, two weeks after he was gone and after his “friends” had already raided his house… By the time the family was able to go through court to get ahold of his estate, they showed up to an empty house, most of the collectibles gone, safe empty, all valuables gone, even his closet was empty of clothes minus his Army Service uniform… Just a sad deal all around… I’m sure stuff will pop up at some point..

His name was Ron Walter of Fort Wayne, In. His name here on the CABE was “buisky”. He was a friend to many, he collected all kinds of things, bicycles, tricycles, old toys, clocks, signs, neon signs, he had quite an extensive head badge collection… one of the nicest guys you would ever meet. He was hard of hearing, so you had to text with him…
This really sucks.

Godspeed @buisky
My condolences to all that feel his lose.
May the thieves feel a thousand deaths.
I feel blessed to have this house painted phantom frame in my possession. I will make him proud with the build. It will take time because it’s missing everything lol. He will be greatly missed around here, I was only a couple miles from him and didn’t get a darn thing, nor did any of the big collectors here in town that knew and talked to him on a regular basis… We are all saddened and mad at the circumstances of his life’s collection just vanishing… I didn’t want a damn thing for nothing, but man I was looking forward to spending way too much money at his estate auction when I found out he had passed…

A busy Sunday. Glad to hear @jd56 is out on the water doing what he loves. I was worried. This thread is a staple! Anyway, I reeled in a few more toys, The Haji Japan '56 Ford tin car is sweet, but another repaint/not divulged in auction. This seller at least made good with a partial refund. That's 2 repaints in a month. I dunno, the signs are pretty clear, and these are supposed to be knowledgeable sellers. The other I returned ( a 1958 Buick tin toy car). The original

pair of Rambler wagons are nice. I have a vacation set with the boat/trailer, Shasta Trailer. I kinda have a thing for wagons.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16003.jpg

s-l16004.jpg

IMG_5115.JPG

IMG_5114.JPG

IMG_5087.JPG

IMG_5108.JPG

IMG_5112.JPG

IMG_5113.JPG

I’m sorry to hear of the Ron Walter aka @buisky
passing, and of the raid on all of his stuff.
I’m sure, all he would’ve wanted was for the stuff to get back into circulation amongst those that appreciate what it all was.
Sometimes greed brings out the worst in people.
It sounds like this was the case this time around.

Last edited:
Went to Denver yesterday to pick up a Sram GXP crankset yesterday to upgrade my Mongoose which gave me the opportunity to swing by my friend Blu's place to pick up the rear carrier for my Shelby. There was a custom made cabinet in his alley that I ended up loading so I can figure out what to do with as well. 🤓 View attachment 1604117

View attachment 1604118

View attachment 1604116

Then we went for a ride & tacos!View attachment 1604119
Nice I need to find one of those racks for a Shelby project I have

Back