When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday show and tell..August 18!!

-
Finally got the chainguard for my Wingbar from the plater , then a Hot Rod pipe from Higgens was a hi-lite too!! Red pedal blocks on the Red Phantom...... ( now on stock pedals) Also a cool generator for the CCM 1967 Centennial edition 2 speed kickback ( courtesy of Bad Bob/Sputnick tail light from Stoney). Nice Schwinn shop shirt from Bad Bob too. Life is good.

Really like your little Ratta-Tat-Tat Monark Nashman!

IMG_0245.JPG

Is that a high wire wheel? If so, you’re gonna have a blast once you string Up a rope!!!

Yeahhh I believe it is! I’ve seen early unicycles sans tires used on the wire, looks like this one was up there! I have to imagine it took some serious spills along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Jesse ,
Nice Score !!! :p:p:p I think the seat may have taken a hard fall forward................Maybe , because I think It would be hard to ride that way
When I was young ( 10 or 11 ) I started riding Unicycles . Had a Two wheeler as well . Was constantly on one or the other. Actually my first weld job was on a home made Unicycle. I took a regular girls frame , and chopped it up for a vertical set up. I had always wanted a "Tall" Unicycle ..............but could not afford one. Soooooooooooooo Why not make one . My Neighbor had the saws and welder..............and I went to work. This ended up looking like the ones you see with a Chain .............As a young boy.........I forgot to do something . The Coaster set up was retained , instead of converting to direct drive.............Well , I rode it , and long distances too....................Coasting sometimes...............and using the brake to keep upright ! What a learning experience !

I would love to see some photos of you on your homemade uni!! Maybe we should start a thread!

I wager from up on that hire wire even when the act goes off well the unicycle takes some whacks along the way!

The saddle is actually a men’s leaf spring pre 1900, likely a Troxel, I wonder if a bit of adjustment will get it closer to reasonable position.

The bearings appear to be “ordinary” style, possibly Aeolus ? This was standard practice for pre 1900 unicycles I believe prior to the stock mfg unicycles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to see some photos of you on your homemade uni!! Maybe we should start a thread!

Well , you know Jesse................now ya got me thinking. I'd have to do some digging. I Might have a photo somewhere..............or maybe my Mother does , She was ALWAYS taking photo's . I'll look.............If I find some ............or even ONE ............I'll start a thread ( But, that doesn't mean YOU can't start one ! )

Back