When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday show and tell time. Lets see what you acquired this past week.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jd56

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
It's Monday and Brooks must have had to work in the yard all day yesterday and didn't have time to post his popular thread for your finds last week.
Brooks, hope you are doing well, either way we have your back my friend:cool:

So here it is.....Let's see what everyone got this past week. Please add a story as to how you found your new addition.

I picked up a few things and sold a few. Still have a number of bikes to pass on before the riding season takes hold the spring.
But here is what I picked up.

1st was a 1961 24" Blue Corvette from mruiz. Had to have it because I love the color. It has a 2spd kickback. Missing a couple items but in fairly good shape.
Thanks Mitch

attachment.php

Now a few smalls,

a red lens for my rear tailight Rocket Jet, thanks Scott

attachment.php

a red wheel driven siren, thanks Mark

attachment.php

Then to round out the weekend with a surprise.....I attended the 1st annual Va. Beach swapmeet / bike show being held by a local "lowrider" club in the area (Altered Suspensions), that had a Classic class award for vintage bikes as well as a few other classes. With the number of vintage bikes that did enter I figured I didn't have a chance to place. But, being proud of the bikes I have I decided to enter the 49 Phantom, 65 Astro Flite (mens) and just because this final bike was my wifes, I entered her new all original 64 Monark Silver King.

a3yqatut-1.jpg

And hers won, can you believe that? She is now a proud owner of a winning class vintage bike.....haaaaa!!!! She was surprised and made it clear to not ever think of selling it.
I might have created a monster with her and her new gleaming bike. Probably the best thing that has happened with me and her reluctance and objections of my addiction....got to love that:D

attachment.php

Last edited:
I picked up a two speed red band Bendix kick back hub. I would show it but I took it immediately to Oscar Wastyn Schwinn to have it installed on my 26" rear wheel. I will have it back by Thursday. Yes, that is the shop that created the Schwinn Paramount and the fastest bike made in the late 30s or 40s. Great guys there. I also picked up two Schwinn Stingray Spoilers. My son purchased one and I scored one as a package deal at the Addison Bike Show and Swap.

Here it is at the swap: Owner was asking $850.
IMG_20130407_105033_zpsc2efb0b3-1.jpg

Here it is at home: Don't worry I didn't pay $850. Got a really good deal on both. Those were two great guys! They even delivered the bike to our home. If you ever saw one of these you would know that they are huge.
IMG_20130407_131726_zps66b157f2-1.jpg

Last edited:
I grabbed all this junk of a CL ad...not exactly sure why other than it was cheap. Now I have even more junk to sell.

021_zps941589f9-1.jpg

020_zpsf745612a-1.jpg

028_zpseea33943-1.jpg

027_zpsd115c0ec-1.jpg

026_zps2d8d1db5-1.jpg

025_zpsfaca7820-1.jpg

024_zps84df4b32-1.jpg

023_zps47361124-1.jpg

022_zps65620ebb-1.jpg

got a interesting turn of the century CCM paper weight advertisement. a pair of rare silverking duralum womens fenders with reflector and light and chain gaurd. a silver ray, some grips, jch speedo, a prewar schwinn model r project(frame is toast).

Last edited:
Got me a new Harley Davidson!!

Last week I was working in the yard and fell asleep in my chair and didn't post my weekly "Show and Tell" post then I did the same thing this week. But I did find a cool Harley!!

Attachments

• hd1.jpg
    hd1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 46
  • hd2.jpg
    hd2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 33
  • hd3.jpg
    hd3.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 31
Sunday Find

Acquired today.

b6ppvk-1.jpg

20h0tbb-1.jpg

u8wpl-1.jpg

made by Persons-Majestic, Worchester,Mass.

I read somewhere that this was mounted on early bikes
to make a "siren" sound. The price was right so I bought it.

got a interesting turn of the century CCM paper weight advertisement. a pair of rare silverking duralum womens fenders with reflector and light and chain gaurd. a silver ray, some grips, jch speedo, a prewar schwinn model r project(frame is toast).

Redline, I just saw your post........how on earth did you get those CCM paperweights?? I've never seen such a thing, I love it!!

Cycle truck/New Departure/Elgin Redbird

I picked up 5 Schwinn Cycle trucks,I will be keeping the Goodrich badged truck and will sell the other 4. Also picked up a nice New Departure parts cabinet, a 1946 Schwinn DX project bike and a Elgin Redbird tricycle..

Rick

7D4265FF46EB479E83C3E6A1A1D01FDD77210000-1.jpg

Back