When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell...1/1/17..Happy New Year!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
A friend dropped this off this weekend. I'm going to teach my 10 year old girl and possibly my 16 ear old boy how to run them. I stopped running them in High School and my best time as a 16 year old was in the top 20 in the state and was a school record for close to 20 years. I tried again in collage but really lost interest.
thumbnail_20170101_111735_resized.jpg

I've been moaning since spring about not finding any bike stuff but last week managed to pickup a nice pair of s-7s with pretty decent Westwinds for a good price. Maybe my luck is changing.

Earlier this year I posted a Lionel tender I picked up. Didn't work so I took it apart, re-soldered, replaced some wire, reglued/relaced some of the plastic "whistle box," and cleaned the brushes and lubed the pivot points. Works like a charm now.

I was stuck by how complicated it was inside and the fact the we (USA} were able to produce and sell a toy that was so well engineered that with a little bit of work would perform like it did 60 years ago. And I think this one was dropped as the plastic is cracked in numerous places but a little filler and some work with my air brush I will turn it into a very practical "runner." I love fixin' things instead of replacing.

Today's version is probably filled with electronics, mother boards, etc. and couldn't be repaired even if you tried cause parts aren't available.

And they call that progress.

dup.jpg

GEDC0365.JPG

Back