When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell ...1/1/23

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jd56

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!
Hope everyone was safe and enjoyed the holidays.

Let's see what relics you've found from the past week , last year if you like
Whether it be bike related or not.
Please include pictures as we do love pictures!

bicycle light

100_0523.JPG

I wish everyone a belated Festivus and a Happy New Year!
I received a bike in the mail I've been after for years.
A 1964-3 Sears Deluxe Spaceliner.
Sears Model # 46901, Murray Sears code 502. Serial number 66xxxxx.
Looks pretty good for a 59 year old bike! Frame chrome seems in great shape, clear coat over frame looks to be original. Seat tube Sears decal is not present, I see no evidence of one being there?

Chain guard is in very good condition with no rust, dings, or dents, there is slight paint loss to the lettering.

Springer front fork assembly seems straight slight red glaze loss and chrome on fork crown on left side has separated from the base metal but no rust.

Pedals are not original to the bike, the originals would have been Wald large bow 3 jeweled white with black lines.

Battery boxes are original and show no sign of corrosion, light lenses are original and in very good shape, front plastic light cowl has chrome loss, crack on one side, and 1/8" chip missing on top.

The saddle is one of the best things on this bike, it's a Troxel with a crash guard. No tears or holes very little ware to the front silver piping.

Fenders have no rust spots, chrome appears in very good shape. Front fender was damaged in shipping, nothing that can't be fixed.

IMG_5391.jpg

IMG_5392.jpg

IMG_5400.jpg

IMG_5382.jpg

IMG_5386.jpg

IMG_5380.jpg

IMG_5377.jpg

IMG_5379.jpg

1920’s Mead Ranger barn find1760851

This bike has been on my radar since seeing @gkeep posting it here under Facebook bikes early Nov. Post said found in barn 1 1/2 hrs from my house. Not being on Facebook I had friend try to find ad, no success.Few weeks later it pops up on local craigslist, but price over double what I’m willing to pay. After not even being willing to make offer , this week I messaged him, gave him my offer and said “ if you ever consider selling for this much….contact me” Not expecting a reply, I was shocked 10 min later he messages me “ let’s make it happen.1760863

Cool, unusual thing about bike has solid rear tire with cutouts in sidewalls. The bike was discovered when guy I bought from ( selling for original owners son) was pulling a 55 Olds out of a barn to restore for the son. The guy asked if there was “any other cool old stuff in here” The son said “ There’s my dads old bike in the rafters” Hard to say how much longer it’d been there if he hadn’t asked question. The barn is one of many outbuildings and rentals on 35 acres of land owned by same family for generations. Bike last rode in 60’s, incorrect 26” rear wheel, light weight 27” wheel front.

Been dialing in shoes supplied by blackwidowmotorsports

Diameter wise- perfect. Have to shift assembly downwards+ I think nylon bushings used to lower fulcrum is gonna work cause it spins.

Height of shoes leaves porkchop a little high, but plenty has been removed already with belt sanding

Traded for this Dynamite v 70 project to close out 2022. Happy 23! Nice parts bike ready thanks to @genesmachines last may. It will get it going a little nicer till I find patina matching browngurdy. Hope everyone has a nice new year. Take care!

*anyone have a catalog shot I can use. I can’t find one 1936 keeps coming up in my searches.

BB3F7DD7-4610-4C00-A825-4591436480A3.jpeg

2E88CCD2-524D-4FA0-B9AC-FEE82C7ED88B.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back