When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell...1/13/19

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jd56

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Still cold here on the Eastcoast...but, just about 66 days till Spring.

Anywho...let's see what classics you have found from the past week.
Whether it be bike related or not.
Please, include pictures as we do love pictures!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

These tires and tubes came yesterday for the purple Peugeot Terrot, from Texas LBS of my new friend Tad @petritl
Thank you very much!
IMG_8676.JPG

I'm brand new in the huge history of vintage lightweights.
I'm a bit flabbergasted at how fast these bikes are!

Another miserable weather week so antiquing I go.

First up is the Hubley made Lindy plane probably from the 1920’s. Prop broken and non-original landing gear but it is an oldie but goodie. These bring good money if complete but I thought this would make a great fender ornament for a rat rod or patina “laced” bike. 4” long by 3 ½” wide. Can’t figure out what that hole in the nose right in back of the prop is for.

1lindy 1.JPG

1lindy 2.JPG

1lindy 3.JPG

How about a little Civil War history. The medal is a souvenir of the 1898 GAR convention. GAR was the CW equivalent of the VFW and they held reunions for many years, the most famous of which were at Gettysburg. I printed a post card from the event I found on the net and mounted it and the medal to card board. Highly unlikely, but I wonder if one of those marching in the photo was wearing this very medal.

2gar.JPG

2gar2.JPG

Chalk these up to my very modest collection. Added two dogs yesterday. For those too young to know, these were game prizes given by midway venders at fairs, carnivals, etc. Very fragile and easy to break, most of mine have some defects cause I don’t buy em’ unless cheap. Also have a bird, elephant, and a very nice cat.

3chauk.JPG

3chaulk2 cat.JPG

What’s with this boat? I think its old but don’t know for sure. Looks like someone made it into a watering can? I do believe it’s got some age, but that’s about all I know.

4 boat.JPG

4boat2.JPG

Haven’t found a thing bicycle related lately....starting to wonder if there is anything left around here. Ever get that feeling? Did drag home some stuff I like though.

A Dayton Friction Toy dump truck made here in Dayton in the 20’s. A Sinclair tanker and a Tonka Mighty wrecker to add to the collection.

226914F0-D867-4050-8769-9F2650676D7E.jpeg

D778968B-7646-40EB-AB87-AB6ED3DF19B4.jpeg

D3E36E59-B7A6-40BE-989C-399E55309FA4.jpeg

Back