When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUNDAY'S Show and Tell ...1/23/22

-
I missed out on a tall frame victor at the Hoosier swap that the owner offered to trade straight up for my wife’s Lovell Special. It was a little rougher than this one but it had the fork foot pegs and rear mounting peg and appeared to be complete. I probably would have been in trouble for that as she expected cash in return.
Instead, after manning my swap table pretty much all day I wandered into the other room and spotted a bike I’ve been chasing since I saw a photo of it at the Portland Scooter meet 4 years ago or so. I offered $50 less than asking and the guy said, nah. Ok, take my money!!! It’s basically just a frame, but other than the drop stand, I don’t think piecing it together with period correct parts will be difficult at all. Chicycocatalog pic is from 1917.

I know the looks are polarizing but I love it! I’m guessing it’ll handle worlds better than a cycle truck but it’s haven’t ridden it yet. I need to de-bling it. I immediately unbolted the ape hangers and sold them. When I got home I put some more appropriate bars on for a pic. Richard Pointed me to the proper Fauber ring at another table!

And lastly, I brought home some beautiful door handles for a small cabin project I plan to build on the other end of my property. Turns out, the guy I bought them from has this same bike and offered to send photos to aid in the resto. It was good to meet some Cabe folks as well and a great day overall!

Last edited:
"Signs, Signs, everywhere a sign, blocking out the scenery, breaking my mind". FIVE man electrical band, Canadian group 1971. Dig it.

I got my Coke and Orange Crush signs this week to add to my man cave. I stepped up pretty tall $$ on Ebay as they are in excellent condition and have great color,View attachment 1554434

graphics/subject matter. The Orange Crush is 1939 and has "Crushy" at the bottom putting the squeeze on an orange. At 16" & triangular it is a show stopper. The Coke sign is 1954 and the graphics featuring the bottles is desirable, especially in a case suggesting a "bulk purchase" ha!! Crawling into that corner behind the TV took some juggling and patience. Of course I had to re-locate some other signs, but that's 1/2 the fun. One has to take a break from shovelling snow.

Have a great Sunday all Cabers!

View attachment 1554435

View attachment 1554436

View attachment 1554437

View attachment 1554438

View attachment 1554441
Ha!! I had "3 man electrical Band" up there earlier. I guess I can neither count to five or see 5 members? Oh well, if you remember the 70's, you weren't there!

I missed out on a tall frame victor at the Hoosier swap that the owner offered to trade straight up for my wife’s Lovell Special. It was a little rougher than this one but it had the fork foot pegs and rear mounting peg and appeared to be complete. I probably would have been in trouble for that as she expected cash in return.
Instead, after manning my swap table pretty much all day I wandered into the other room and spotted a bike I’ve been chasing since I saw a photo of it at the Portland Scooter meet 4 years ago or so. I offered $50 less than asking and the guy said, nah. Ok, take my money!!! It’s basically just a frame, but other than the drop stand, I don’t think piecing it together with period correct parts will be difficult at all. Chicycocatalog pic is from 1917.
View attachment 1554941

I know the looks are polarizing but I love it! I’m guessing it’ll handle worlds better than a cycle truck but it’s haven’t ridden it yet. I need to de-bling it. I immediately unbolted the ape hangers and sold them. When I got home I put some more appropriate bars on for a pic. Richard Pointed me to the proper Fauber ring at another table!

And lastly, I brought home some beautiful door handles for a small cabin project I plan to build on the other end of my property. Turns out, the guy I bought them from has this same bike and offered to send photos to aid in the resto. It was good to meet some Cabe folks as well and a great day overall!

View attachment 1554944

View attachment 1554943
Dare to be different! I’ve saw the ads for that bike but never seen one. Congrats on the acquisition. V/r Shawn

View attachment 1554941

View attachment 1554944

View attachment 1554943
Good scores Brian, it was nice meeting you yesterday as well.
Sean

Apologies for the late entry, I pulled in a little late last night.
So for my belated Sunday (Monday morning) Show & Tell:

Corbin 2 speed hub to be finished, some early motorcycle pieces, a killer set of “Automobile Cycle Skates” ca. 1905, a few good solo pedals, Ideal stem I needed and a swan-like stem I know I’ve seen but I can’t place. Last bit on the bench is an original Silver King 26X seatpost mount, long way to go from a bike but I had to grab it anyway.

5C1A7498-F599-45A9-8C41-6FBD86717383.jpeg

92313D3B-C2FC-44E2-8170-31F7490859A9.jpeg

9DFED0E5-E84D-48B6-90FA-E7536A52DC5A.jpeg

32CFF1D9-AE85-48A0-871C-AFD1B338ABD3.jpeg

Corbin 2 speed hub to be finished, some early motorcycle pieces, a killer set of “Automobile Cycle Skates” ca. 1905, a few good solo pedals, Ideal stem I needed and a swan-like stem I know I’ve seen but I can’t place. Last bit on the bench is an original Silver King 26X seatpost mount, long way to go from a bike but I had to grab it anyway.

View attachment 1555283

View attachment 1555284
Digging the skates and the biker patch buddy, hope your dad is still improving.

View attachment 1555285

View attachment 1555286

View attachment 1555286
That's exactly what that is. Rarely seen Rollfast Swan stem. Nice find!

Back